David E. Smith on 5 Dec 2003 06:09:47 -0000

[Spoon-business] Cards dealt, and it should be official this time.

Until such time as we have a Minister of Cards, or I have the opportunity
to further automate things, try to take it easy on the cards.

Anyway, to clear up card internals speculation:

Yeah, basically each card has a serial number. This was a quick and easy
way to automatically load up the 60+ cards that are now in the deck (and
to automatically stuff more of them in the deck later on, when new cards
are invented, in some weird sort of Nomic Expansion Set).

The serial number makes it easy to track cards internally. (At this point,
though, I haven't yet implemented any massive sort of 'track the history
of every card transaction ever' system, and I'm not planning to, unless
someone can come up with a really good reason for it.)

The 40 or so cards not listed are still in the Deck. (I'll soon make an
official list of ALL cards, not just the ones that happen to be in
someone's hand at the time.)

The B Nomic home page now has a link to the official card list, and list
of players' cards. To make it official by posting it on a public forum,
though, the initial deals are copied below.

Anything McGee wields the following cards:
Petty Theft
Petty Theft

Baron von Skippy wields the following cards:
Your Spoo Has Too Much Fleem
Your Spoo Has Too Much Fleem

bd wields the following cards:
Petty Theft
Your Spoo Has Too Much Fleem

Glotmorf wields the following cards:
Jackpot!
Petty Theft

Iain wields the following cards:
Petty Theft
Your Spoo Has Too Much Fleem

Rob wields the following cards:
Jackpot!
Petty Theft

Sagitta wields the following cards:
Jackpot!
Your Spoo Has Too Much Fleem

SkArcher wields the following cards:
Jackpot!
Your Spoo Has Too Much Fleem

Teucer wields the following cards:
Petty Theft
Your Spoo Has Too Much Fleem

The Pusher Robot wields the following cards:
Petty Theft
Your Spoo Has Too Much Fleem

Wild Card wields the following cards:
Petty Theft