Daniel Lepage on 22 Oct 2003 19:09:30 -0000

[Spoon-business] Stylistics

I propose (in part because I want this stuff created, and in part to demonstrate the Object and keywording systems which I hope will be liked enough to catch on) the following:

{{
__Stylistical Anomalies__

Create the following rules:
{{
__Stylistics__ {*(Dimensions:Style,Objects:Stylistics:Definition,Objects:Stylistics:Lab els)*}

I.
There exists a class of Game Object types called Stylistics. Every type of Stylistic has a price. Every Stylistic has at least one Body, which consists of text. The cost of creating a Stylistic is equal to the price of that Stylistic's type, plus three Style points for every word of text in each Body of the Stylistic. Once per nweek, each player may create a Stylistic in their possession, supplying the desired text for every Body of it. When a player does this, e must pay the cost of creating said Stylistic; if e does not have sufficient resources to pay said cost, e cannot create that Stylistic.

The text in a Stylistic does not have any legal force. The administrator may veto the creation of any Stylistic with text that, in eir opinion, misrepresents the state of the game.

This section defers to other sections of this rule and to other rules that define specific types of Stylistics.

II.
Labels are a type of Stylistic. The price of a Label is nothing. Each Label has one body. [[These function exactly as the original "Style Attributes" did; where a person once had the Style Attribute "Infinitely Stylish", they would under this rule be Labeled "Infinitely Stylish".
}}

{{
__T-Shirts__ {*(Objects:Stylistics:TShirts)*}

T-Shirts are Stylistics. T-Shirts have a price of 5 score points and 2 Style points. T-Shirts have two Bodies, the Front and the Back; "a T-Shirt with X on it", where X is a string, should be construed to mean, "a T-Shirt with X on the front and nothing on the back".
}}

{{
__Hats__ {*(Objects:Stylistics:Hats)*}

Hats are Stylistics. Hats have a price of 3 score points, and have one Body, which may not contain more than 10 words.
}}

{{
__Name Tags__ {*(Objects:Stylistics:NameTags)*}

Name Tags are Stylistics. Name Tags have a price of 1 score point, and have one Body, which may not contain more than 8 words. When a Name Tag is created, the string "Hello, My Name Is:" is immediately prepended to its Body; this does not count towards the word limit or the cost of creation.
}}

Replace all extant T-Shirts as defined in rule 1082 with T-Shirts as defined by the above rule, giving the newly created T-Shirts empty Backs and Fronts filled with the same text as the T-Shirts they are replacing.

Replace all Style Attributes as defined in r154.B.5 with Labels as defined by the above rule, putting the text of each Style Attribute in the Body of the Label that replaces it.

Repeal r1082.
Remove section B.5 from r154.B.5.

}}

More on this will come, as soon as I finish the Logo rule...

--
Wonko