Mark Karasek on 14 Aug 2003 03:23:58 -0000

[Spoon-business] The ruleset

[[Hmm... Dave didn't veto anything, and I was never adequately convinced that the ruleset was not in fact repealed, so just to be safe I'm going to attempt this again.]]

I declare the following {{ }}-delimited text to be the ruleset.

{{
Rule 0
The game shall be called B Nomic.
Rule 1
All players must follow all the rules described in this ruleset.
Rule 2
The game state (including the ruleset) may not be changed except in ways specified by the ruleset.
Rule 3
The player known as The Pusher Robot may change the ruleset by posting the change to a public forum. The B Nomic business mailing list (spoon- business@xxxxxxxxx) is a public forum.
Rule 4
A player is any entity who
a) was defined to be a player by the ruleset that existed prior to the initial version of this ruleset
or
b) has been added in a manner specified by the rules,
as long as said entity
a) still consents to be a player
and
b) has not been removed by other means.
The player known as The Pusher Robot may add or remove players by posting the action on a public forum. Any entity that is not a player may not interact with the game.
Rule 5
The first player to declare that they win on a public forum wins the game. After this occurs, no other player may win.
Rule 6
If a dispute over these rules arises, the player known as The Pusher Robot may settle the dispute by posting a resolution to a public forum. Any such ruling shall be final, unless superceded by another ruling made in the same manner by the player known as The Pusher Robot.
}}
I declare that I win.
--The Pusher Robot