SkArcher on 30 Jun 2003 16:58:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Philosophy prop

30/06/2003 16:27:21, bd <bdonlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I set my Philosophy to Selective Lobbyist.
>
>YES
>YES
>YES
>
>[[ See SkArcher's explanation. Also, perhaps changing philosophies during the
>voting period should be disallowed... ]]

My explanation having been

>Proposal 1575/0: Goodbye, Cruel World (Wonko)
YES
YES
YES
(3 votes - selective lobbyist. Selectively lobbying against 44 rules may be a tad extreme, but
the rules say I can do it :P)

so i therefore propose

{{__Make your mind up first!__

In r1252 replace the text

{{A player can set eir Philosophy to one with a corresponding Mandate, or to one with no Mandate,
but cannot change eir Philosophy more often than once per nweek.}}

with the following text

{{A player can declare eir intention to change Philosophy to one with a corresponding Mandate, or
to one with no Mandate, by posting to a public forum. The change in eir philosophy takes place at
the next checkpoint. Players cannot change eir Philosophy more often than once per nweek.}}

[[okay, so it uses a rule as yet unwritten to do the timing - but I though I should get used to
using the checkpoints :P]]

If this rule passes, award half the points gained from its passage to the player known as bd,
rounding fractions in favour of the author of this proposal.

}}