Mark Karasek on 7 Jun 2003 04:01:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 42 BALLOT

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:45:30 -0400, Craig <ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-I set my automation script to read:

Whenever anything happens which I would normally respond to, I
respond
to that action in the manner I would normally respond. If anything
happens which I might respond to, refer to my supplied equation list to determine whether I respond and how so. If at any time my response
still cannot be determined, see worksheets A through E for further
details.

Okay, I'll be back in about eight months. If you need me, that's a
shame.-

Hm. And I set mine to, "Whenever any player but me does anything, I
kick em in the Ass for it." And Dave will sort the kicked.

I set my automation script to:

If I have not yet won the game, I perform any actions that will cause
me
to win.

Simpler yet: I set my automation script to: "Whenever I can, I win."

Simpler still: I set my automation script to: "I win. Rinse. Repeat."

Emil "I win. Ow, suds in my eyes." Bleehall

Don't think that would work. Instead of performing actions that would
cause
you to win you're declaring that you win, which isn't allowed (see rule
393).

-See, e was kidding - it's funny because it looks clever at first glance, but then you think about it and realize that it doesn't actually work, but
it's still clever. And e sent it to s-d, so clearly it isn't a real
automation script.

Because I can't risk the Admin not noticing it and thus failing to recognize
it merely out of carelessness (as opposed to because e doesn't like it) I
should probably remind em that mine was on spoon-business. And the precedent set in the society scam is that since I was the first and it isn't a copycat
script, it deserves Recognition.

[[Mine was meant to be on -business too. Sorry.]]