David E. Smith on 6 Jun 2003 05:00:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] NWEEK 42 RESULTS

I'm relatively sure I've got everything, but by no means am I completely
certain. Lemme know what I've overlooked.

The Entropy reset is completed, I think. Someone take a look at the Grid
and see whether anything else needs to be cleaned out.

All Gremlins went into Hiding. This triggered the AAAHHH! Gremlin. The
following Gremlins become Active: The AAAHHH! Gremlin, the Bandwidth
Gremlin, Curt and Rod (activated by the nweek transition, and placed on
the Grid), Rocky, the Witch Gremlin (activated by nweek transition; in
Limbo). All other Gremlins are Hiding.

The Token of Bandwidth is awarded to Baron von Skippy.
Rocky throws a Big Rock onto the Grid.
The new Gremlin Number is 51.

The Weather updates. It's unseasonably warm. I don't actually understand
all the Lunar rules so I'll apply them later.

SkArcher gives 7 points to Glotmorf, per p1547.

Nomvivor apparently came and went. BvS went On Leave, and thus left the
Island a while back.  Wonko therefore won Nomvivor at the end of nweek 41.
Also during the end of nweek 41, the addition "at the beginning of the
first nweek following, this rule is repealed" was added to the Nomvivor
rule.

Thus, Wonko won at the end of nweek 41, then the rule was repealed. Wonko
earns the title "Nweek 41 Nomvivor" and 30 points.

I forgot that carrying around a Ring includes cumulative point loss and
entropy gain. SkArcher's dimensions are updated to reflect this: eir
Entropy is still 0 (since it was zero to begin with), and e loses (2+5) 7
points to the Ring. This leaves SkArcher with 20 points, just enough to
pay off Luigi. (Anyone else notice that the "entropy gain formula" in the
Rings rule makes no fragging sense whatsoever?)

BvS gives 1 point to Pusher.

Teucer's quote prop is p1551/0.

Proposal 1537/0 (So are we going to use these nice Stats?) (Baron von Skippy):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, Emil Bleehall, Iain, The Pusher Robot
ABS: Teucer
SHL: bd, Glotmorf, SkArcher, Wonko
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (5-0-1-4). Measure passes. Baron von Skippy gains 12 points.
Created r1552/0.

Proposal 1538/1 (I'm the half can!) (Baron von Skippy):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy (x2), bd, Emil Bleehall, Glotmorf, Iain, SkArcher, Teucer
NEG: Wonko
ABS: The Pusher Robot
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (9-1-1-0). Measure passes. Baron von Skippy gains 13 points.
Created r301/44.

Proposal 1540/0 (Oh no you don't) (Orc In a Spacesuit):
AFF: bd, Iain, Teucer
NEG: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, Emil Bleehall, Glotmorf, The Pusher Robot, Wonko
ABS: SkArcher
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (3-6-1-0). Measure fails. Orc In a Spacesuit loses 2 points.

Proposal 1541/0 (Everlasting Moon) (Teucer):
AFF: Anything McGee, bd, Emil Bleehall, Teucer, Wonko
NEG: Glotmorf, Iain, The Pusher Robot
ABS: SkArcher
SHL: Baron von Skippy
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (5-3-1-1). Measure passes. Teucer gains 10 points.
(Actually, Wonko voted Yes to all but part 4. Thus, part 4 failed, all
others passed.)
Created r1553/0.
Created r441/14.
Created r1554/0.
Now I have to figure out how to automate this, because quite frankly, I'm
not going to update the weather every damn day to accomodate the Lunar
Cycles rule. Now if someone invents a ten-phase routine, so that (barring
the occasional eclipse) we can just say "nday 3 is always waxing quarter"
or something, I won't be nearly as annoyed. :)

Proposal 1542/0 (Quote Prop by Teucer) (Teucer):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, Emil Bleehall, Iain, SkArcher, Teucer, The Pusher Robot
NEG: Glotmorf, Wonko
ABS: bd
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (7-2-1-0). Measure passes. Quote Prop.

Proposal 1543/0 (Quote Prop by BvS) (Baron von Skippy):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd, Emil Bleehall, Glotmorf, Iain, SkArcher, The Pusher Robot, Wonko
NEG: Teucer
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (9-1-0-0). Measure passes. Quote Prop.

Proposal 1544/0 (Boom! Hee hee!) (Baron von Skippy):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd, Emil Bleehall
NEG: Glotmorf, SkArcher, Teucer, The Pusher Robot
SHL: Iain, Wonko
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (4-4-0-2). Measure fails. Measure is shelved.
Created p1555/0.

Proposal 1545/0 (Well, I got better...) (Baron von Skippy):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd, Emil Bleehall, Glotmorf, Iain,
SkArcher, The Pusher Robot
NEG: Teucer, Wonko
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (8-2-0-0). Measure passes. Baron von Skippy gains 9 points.
Created r301/45.

Proposal 1546/0 (No ring for you!) (Baron von Skippy):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd, Emil Bleehall, Teucer, Wonko
NEG: SkArcher, The Pusher Robot
ABS: Iain
SHL: Glotmorf
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (6-2-1-1). Measure passes. Baron von Skippy gains 8 points.
Created r1076/1.

Proposal 1547/1 (No Cold Calling) (SkArcher):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd, Glotmorf, Iain, SkArcher, The Pusher Robot, Wonko
NEG: Emil Bleehall, Teucer
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (8-2-0-0). Measure passes. SkArcher gains 14 points.
Repealed r944/0.
The Telephone is out of service indefinitely. Looks like you're stuck in
the Matrix, um, on the Grid.
Gave 7 of the 14 points to Glotmorf.

Proposal 1548/0 (Refining) (SkArcher):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd, SkArcher, The Pusher Robot, Wonko
NEG: Emil Bleehall, Glotmorf, Teucer
ABS: Iain
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (6-3-1-0). Measure passes. SkArcher gains 14 points.
Created r1341/2.

Proposal 1549/0 (Pseudocode) (The Pusher Robot):
AFF: The Pusher Robot (x2)
NEG: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd, Emil Bleehall, Glotmorf, Iain,
SkArcher, Teucer, Wonko
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (2-9-0-0). Measure fails. The Pusher Robot loses 5 points.

Proposal 1550/0 (A Cowpie by Any Other Name) (Glotmorf):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd, Emil Bleehall, Glotmorf, SkArcher, Teucer, The Pusher Robot, Wonko
ABS: Iain
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (9-0-1-0). Measure passes. Glotmorf gains 12 points.
Created r300/4.

Affirmative vote counts (BW Grem):
Baron von Skippy: 40 votes (*)
Orc In a Spacesuit: 3 votes