Daniel Lepage on 3 May 2003 03:22:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Proposal: Flag

I propose a Rule:
{{
__The Flag__

There exists a carryable, passable MO called The Flag. If a player is carrying the flag, e may be referred to as the Flagbearer. If the Flagbearer is in a square whose x and y coordinates are both in the set {10,11}, then e gains 800 BNS and the flag is moved to a random Edge Square. If the Flagbearer is targeted by an Abuse, the Flag is moved to a random square within 3 of the Flagbearer.

If the square containing the flag is hit by a Can of Whoopass, the Flag is leaves all objects' possessions and becomes Assed In. The player who threw said Can is said to have Assed the Flag Thing In. While the Flag is Assed In, it may not be picked up, nor may it be moved. This supersedes any other rule which would allow it to be moved.

One nweek after the Flag Thing is Assed In, or when the player who Assed the Flag Thing In occupies the location of the Flag Thing, the Flag Thing ceases to be Assed In.

}}

It's a new subgame, to replace Football.

One of the things I never liked about Football was that it had so many exceptions built into it - Football players moved differently, couldn't use all the same movement aids as everyone else, and were generally working differently from the rest of us.

The goal here is to make a new subgame that relies for its interestingness on the natural chaos of the Grid. I envision a massive melee battle, with numerous explosions and general violence.

I also hope that this will stimulate the creation of new Grid objects, specifically, weapons and defense. I'd also like to see anything that becomes overly powerful as a result of this fixed by countermeasure objects. I mean, instead of just banning Football players from using Airways, I would have liked to see, say, anti-air turrets that could do unpleasant things to incoming Football wielders, that teams could set up around their endzones.

How do people feel about this?

--
Wonko
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.