Glotmorf on 2 May 2003 15:50:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Wednesday night)

On 5/2/03 at 9:33 AM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>>From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>CFI rulings:
>>>Glotmorf rules TRUE on CFI 1479.
>>>bd mysteriously rules FALSE of CFI 1481. I appeal. Everyone crush this
>>>thing.
>>>The Upper House consists of: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd,
>>>Glotmorf, Iain, Orc, Rob, and Wonko.
>>-I rule TRUE on it, or whichever way prevents someone from winning.-
>
>"If players disagree about the legality of a move or the interpretation or
>application of a rule or set of rules, any player may submit a Call for
>Inquiry to decide the issue."
>
>What the heck is this?  A CFI isn't a "oooh, let's all vote down that win
>somebody just got".  It is an inquiry into the interpertation or
>application
>of the rules.  I have absolutly no problem with not getting a win, and I
>have no problem with someone proving that my interpertation is wrong.  BUT
>ACTUALLY DO IT!  This is a flagrant disregard for the justice system, and
>this goes for anyone who's rules without analyzing the issue.

I rule TRUE on CFI 1481.

Analysis:

The current situation is messed up beyond reasonable understanding.  Volumes of email containing accusations, vitriol, denial, mutually contradicting logic and self-interest have contributed to that.  Given this, it is unreasonable to expect any single rationale, especially one that gives its proponent a win, to be taken more seriously than any other.

A critical-path analysis of the appropriate logic would be useful.  Barring that, any claim of victory by any individual is equally valid; therefore, any claim of victory by any individual should be considered equally invalid.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower