Orc In A Spacesuit on 1 May 2003 14:05:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Recognition and actions

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
-Well, if you've got to be a penguin, be a cute one... oh, don't forget the Improbable. It appears when an IID is triggered.-

Recognized and Grid updated. I'm going to ignore the fact that there are no Cans of Whoopass to crack open, and two imaginary Cans of Whoopass crack open at (4,19) and (2,17), resulting in little other than some small fires.

To recify the problem of imaginary Whoopass, I propose the following:
{{__What Whoopass?__
In Rule 301.E.7:

Replace
"the Improbable throws a Can of Whoopass at a target"
with
"a Can of Whoopass is created in the Improbable's possession, and the Improbable throws the Can of Whoopass at a target"

In "If there are no targets available, the Improbable throws a Can of Whoopass Elbonia-style at Lake Caffeine.", replace the "a" with "the".

Replace
"When the Improbable is created, two random squares adjacent to Lake Caffeine have Cans of Whoopass cracked open on them."
with
"When the Improbable enters Lake Caffine, two different random squares adjacent to Lake Caffeine are chosen, a Can of Whoopass is created in each of these squares, and the two Cans of Whoopass are Cracked Open."
}}

I'm assuming that Curt's and Rod's movement were handled by Dave.

It's a new nyear, if I'm going to get toasted, may as well do it in style. I request a glass of Tequila.

Oh, did someone try to request a PGGP? I think someone did. You can't request those, according to the rules.

Well, I didn't get any items, but at least I got some RU's. I give all my RU's to OrcTech, and we are now open for business.

Hmm, one nice thing about ice, whether natural or artifial: It could force me to go forward. Even out of a Siren's ZOC. I didn't realize this when I made the prop, but it's useful now:

I buy 1 Ice Cube, and Activate it.
I cause my Airspeeder to move to (13,6), then back to (12,5). Because of the ice there, I continue on to (11,4) automatically. I pick up all my stuff that I may have dropped, and get back into my speeder, then cause my Airspeeder to move to (10,5).

I'm updating the Grid page to show both where I end up if there's no dispute, and what happens should someone CFI that I'm stuck.

To fix this, I propose the following:
{{__The warmth of my love shall melt this ice__
Change the first item in the first list of Section B of Rule 1469 to "It does not cease to be Proto-Frozen until one of the following occurs: one nweek passes from the most recent effect caused it to be Proto-Frozen; an Entropy Explosion occurs; an Ancient Monolith is destroyed in an adjacent location; or a player enters the location while the location is in a siren's ZATR or ZOE. Should the location cease to be Proto-Frozen as a result of a player's entry, it ceases to be Proto-Frozen just prior to that entry, and therefore the player and any other objects entering at that time are not treated as entering as Proto-Frozen location."
}}

By the way, Glotmorf, you can get away from the siren the same way if you want to.

Orc in a Spacesuit