Orc In A Spacesuit on 28 Mar 2003 11:42:01 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] CFI

From: Luk Vandelaer <luk.vandelaer@xxxxxxx>
bd's CFI (regarding "private" votes) is CFI 1411, assigned to Sheeba.

Statement: Votes or vote changes sent to forums available to the public as well as the Administrator do not count as privately informing the administrator.

True.

Based on rule 15, section D:
To cast a vote, a Player must submit eir vote either privately to the
Administrator, or to a public forum. Votes cast privately shall not be disclosed publicly until the end of the voting period, at which point they must be disclosed.

The second sentence implies that nobody but the Administrator received the vote.
And private is still between 2 persons.

[[Nowhere is it said that private is limited to two people, in the ruleset or in general. A private club can have more than two members, for example. And I quote from the rules in effect at the time:

Rule 16/0, __Fora__
Fora are the means by which Players communicate. All Fora are either public or private. A Player using a Forum is considered to be "in" that Forum at the time of its use. Actions may be taken only in public Fora, unless otherwise specified in the Rules.

And more importantly:

Rule 28/1 __Designation of Fora__
The Administrator may designate a Forum public if it is reasonably accessible to all Players. The Administrator may designate a Forum private only if it is not the sole extant public Forum. Only the Administrator may redesignate Fora. The Administrator shall maintain a list of public Fora. All fora which have not been designated as Public are Private.

Since "Fora are the means by which Players communicate" and the Players communicate by spoon-discuss, it's a Fora. And since "Fora are either public or private." and "All fora which have not been designated as Public are Private." and the admin hasn't designaed spoon-discuss public, spoon-discuss is a private forum. It's communication, it's private, and it gets to the administrator. I think that qualifies as "privately to the Administrator".

As such,]]
Iiiaa aaapeeaal CFI 1411.
[[
We haven't had any appeals since the last rewrite of the the judicial system. Now what do we have here...

Appearently, only Veterans are allowed to be on the in the Upper House. No patriarchs or anything. There's only three that qualify, and that's me, bd, and Athena. However, you have to be Off Leave as well, and that cuts out Athena, dropping it down to two. That results in those who have been around for under 6 months to join in as well, as long as they're Off Leave too. This brings the members up to Anything McGee, bd, Bridgeweaver, Orc, Sheeba, and The Voice. According to the current rules, a majority of us (4 of us) need to reach an agreement on this, or, in 7 days, the admin will have to rule. I don't want this to last that long, as not being sure which rules have passed could cause things to get a bit messy.

Therefore,]]
Iiiijuuuuudgggeee CFI 1411 Trruuuueee.
[[And I encourage others to do the same.]]

Orc in a Spacesuit