Daniel Lepage on 10 Feb 2003 05:17:01 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 33 RESULTS

Quoth David E. Smith,

> RECOGNIZER (pre-end-of-nweek):
>
> There were no nominations for the open position of Ambassador.
> Fortunately, there is also effectively no responsibility associated with
> the position, so the fact that it shall languish unattended by me is of
> little consequence. :-)

Is anyone still interested in Inter-Nomic activities? I've found at least
two other active Nomics (one of which has its own SourceForge site (!) -
opennomic.sourceforge.net - where they seem to be building a PHP-based Nomic
engine...)...

> NOMVIVOR:
> Anything McGee receives three votes.
> Baron von Skippy receives one vote.
> Anything McGee is voted Off the Island.
> Only Iain and Baron von Skippy are left On the Island, and this nweek,
> everyone can vote for Nomvivor!

It'd be really funny if Iain got hundreds of points from Nomvivor...

> The Pink Scarf is forcibly removed from Athena and given to Rob. Hey, I'm
> a CS Geek too... Rob receives 10 Style with the Scarf.

I set my philosophy to CS Geek.

> The Clock turns Off, and votes are counted.

W00t!

> The new Gremlin Number is 117. The Telephone is Ringing.

Right, I already took care of that...

> Rain upon the Grid: a Big Rock, with Siren; leftovers from the Gnome
> Factory.

Gnomes are Cool; sirens falling down near me are not. Let's take some Grid
actions, shall we? :
First, Force Destruction on (5,11), and on (5,10) and (4,10) just 'cuz I
can. Enough of that Siren.
Second, Force Pull, on the Light Hand of the Admin. I gots me a hand.
Third, I drop Curt and take a trip Through the Window; I'm back over at
(18,14), where I pick up Rod and move south one space to (18,13).
Force Pull again, this time on the Dark Hand of the Admin.
Then, just for kicks, Force Pull on the Water Gnome at (18,10).
Now I drop Rod, go back Through the Window to Curt, and pick up Curt again.
I board my Speeder.
I move, on my Speeder, to (4,11), then I Force Pull the Sheep Gnome at
(4,14), then I move again on my Speeder through (5,12), (6,13), (7,14), and
finally to (8,15); I Force Pull the Basic Gnome at (7,16).

I recognize the Force part of the above (Wonko performs 1 3xForce
Destruction (12), 5 Force Pulls(30), for a grand loss of 42 Force Points.
W00t! Go 42!).

> Thanks to Robin, 17 points are transferred from Rob to bd.

Whoa... Robin stole from a non-me player? Wow...

> Ministers are asked to do their nweekly things.

Did we ever settle that whole Force Typo thing? Otherwise, I don't really
have anything to do... everyone's just sittin' at eir Maxes.

> Since this is gonna get tedious in a hurry, I vacate the office of
> Minister of Economic Affairs (thus calling an election). Nominations will
> be accepted until nday 5 of this nweek.

Hmmm.... This may be a mistake, but I nominate myself.

> NEW NWEEK RECOGNIZER:
>
> Wonko and Iain each receive 5 points from Glotmorf, per the M-Tek charter.

Hoo-hah!

> M-Tek's bandwidth shoots up, as Glotmorf donates all eir bandwidth. (This
> has the odd side effect of making it impossible for Wonko, an active
> player, to make proposals, as M-Tek takes all eir bandwidth as well.)

Well, uh... crap. Not that I plan on doing anything exciting in the next
week; I really don't even have time to be doing this right now.

> Proposal 1323/0 (40 Acres And A Mule) (Wonko):
> AFF: Baron von Skippy, bd, Wonko
> SHL: Anything McGee, Orc In a Spacesuit
> Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (3-0-0-2). Measure passes. Wonko gains 13 points.
> Measure is vetoed by the Administrator. Again, voter apathy. The 40%
> 'Shelve' turnout implies that there is some contention here...
> Created p1329/0.

Well, uh... I fix the broken sentence... it now ends "unless the owner of
that Airways gives em permission to in a public forum."

What else is wrong with this prop?

--
Wonko