Wonko on 1 Feb 2003 02:01:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: Entropy

Quoth Adam Hill,

> All right, I'll scrap that part of the prop I'm working on.  What about Monday
> Night Football?  Anyone want to advocate for keeping it?

Well, I might as well put this out now:

As the Leader of INH, I put forth the following Charter Change:

{{
__INH__

The name of this society is Insert Name Here. Insert Name Here may also be
referred to as INH.

INH automatically Accepts any Player that Applies to it provided that the
Player pays to INH an amount equal to the most recent subgame's Entrance Fee
[[see below]].

One and only one Member of INH may have the Position "Leader". All Members
that do not have the Position Leader have the Position "Acolyte". One and
only one Acolyte may also have the Position "Favored". If there is no
Leader, the Favored Acolyte becomes the Leader and is no longer Favored (or
an Acolyte), if there is one. If there is no Favored Acolyte, the Acolyte
who has been an Acolyte the longest becomes the Favored Acolyte.

If there are at least three acolytes, and a majority of them vote to Oust
the Leader, then the Leader is Ousted. [[E may then rejoin, but e ceases to
be the Leader and will never again be the oldest Acolyte unless everyone who
ousted em leaves at some point.]] A majority of Acolytes and the Leader, or
2/3 of all Acolytes, may, at any time, vote to Oust another Acolyte.

This Charter may be changed at any time by either the Leader and a majority
of all acolytes (if there are any), or a 4/5 majority of all acolytes (if
there are any) or the Leader emself (if there are no acolytes).

INH may be hosting up to one subgame at any time.
A Subgame consists of the following:
An entry fee of the subgame
A set of rules for that subgame (if any)
A set of Ending Conditions

The entry fee of the subgame must be in points, BNS, or a combination of the
two. Any member of INH who is not currently a Contestant in the subgame may
become one by paying to INH the entry fee of that subgame; if e was a
Contestant in a past subgame, e need only pay 2/3 of the current subgame's
entry fee to do this.

The rules of the subgame must be obeyed by all entrants of the subgame
(called Contestants); if a Contestant violates one of these rules, e ceases
to be both a Contestant and a member of INH.

The Ending Conditions dictate when the subgame ends; they may also specify a
manner in which Points and BNS owned by INH may be distributed as a result
of the ending. [[i.e., rewarding people for victory, etc.]]

When a subgame ends, all Contestants cease to be contestants, and INH ceases
to host that subgame.

If no subgame is currently being hosted, new subgames may be suggested by
the acolytes and the leader; if a new subgame is agreed upon by a majority
of (all Acolytes and the Leader), then INH begins hosting that Subgame.
}}

If and when a majority of all current INH members agree to this charter
change, it will be enacted.

There's a subgame around here somewhere that the Baron put together a while
ago. I hope e's got a copy of it, so we can get this started.

This seems to me to be a viable alternative to the Football system
(actually, a better one, as it means that things like Teams and Endzone
Swaps would be handled entirely by INH instead of by Dave), so I'd be
perfectly okay with repealing the scoring and team parts of Football. On the
other hand, for the purposes of INH subgames, it could be useful to have an
object with the Football's unique properties (i.e., strange throwing rules,
immunity to Force manipulation, Fumbling, etc.), so I would appreciate it if
the thing itself were not removed from the ruleset.

--
Wonko