Glotmorf on 12 Jan 2003 05:30:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Prop: layers

This is something Wonko and I were discussing.  I don't remember it actually being proposed, so I'm putting it forth as an M-Tek prop...

{{ __...But Some are More Equal than Others__

Create the following rule:

{{ _Layers_

Rules in the game are organized in layers, identified by integer numbers that can be positive, negative or zero.  If a rule's layer is not otherwise specified, it is in layer 1.

Rules in higher-numbered layers take precedence over rules in lower-numbered layers.  Rules in the same layer take precedence as per the rules for chutzpah, identification number and explicitly stated precedence or deferral.  A rule cannot explicitly take precedence over a rule in a higher layer.

}}

Assign the above rule to layer 2.

Assign Rule 0 to layer 3.

Assign Rule 393 to layer 0.

}}

This should simplify the question of extreme chutzpah, since it only matters with regards to rules that otherwise would be in the same layer.  Layers can always be inserted between layers by incrementing the layers above the insertion point.  And it doesn't quite obviate either chutzpah or the identification number.  It's similar to Dan's classes of rules, except that it's a far more flexible structure.

If this is going to take some time to fine-tune, let me know and I'll replace it with something else this nweek.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower