Rob Speer on 25 Dec 2002 21:48:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Magna Carta

[[ Glotmorf, thanks for reminding me that this Overlord mess still
exists. Though a surprising number of people actually like the rule,
I still take issue with its form, which was only possible because you
used to be able to smite down any attempts to change it.]]

I propose:
__Magna Carta__
{{

1. Create a rule:
__Foo__ {* 101 *}
{{
Rule 1229 may be changed by a proposal entitled "Magna Carta". This rule
takes precedence over Rule 1229.
}}

2. Remove section D [[Modification]] of rule 1229. [[Nothing is
immutable.]]

3. Set the Chutzpah of Rule 1229 to 3.

4. In section C of rule 1229, change "4/5" to "2/3". [[You expect 4/5 of
the Nomic to ever agree on anything important?]]

5. Declare Glotmorf to be Not the Overlord. [[This step will still
require 2/3 to vote Yes, and is not essential for the rest of the
proposal to have its effect. But I feel that for the rule to have merit,
the Overlord should have to be elected legitimately - even if it ends up
being Glotmorf again.]]

6. Repeal the rule entitled "Foo".
}}
--