Baron von Skippy on 16 Dec 2002 04:18:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] Foreign affairs

It occurs to me that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs hasn't produced any results. Now, when things seem extraneous in B Nomic, we either get rid of them or make them bigger. I like the latter choice here for two reasons. One, there's promise for Foreign Affairs - it's not a bad idea, just an undefined one. Two, other than InterNomic, which I think is a different scenario anyway, no one's ever done something like this. That said...

I propose:

{{
__So what's a "Connection," anyway?"__

Create a rule:

{{
__Diplomacy the Nomic Way__

The state of affairs between any two different games of Nomic is defined as one of the following:

A. Unknown
If no contact has been made between two games of Nomic by a player empowered to make links between games, then the state of affairs between those games is defined to be Unknown.

B. Apathetic
If contact has been made between two games of Nomic and no other definition of the state of affairs between those games applies, the state of affirs between those games is defined to be Apathetic.

C. Cordial
If two Nomic games have made contact and begun Trade, but have not Allied, then the state of affairs between those games is defined to be Cordial.

C.1. The Suber
In order to initiate Trade, both Nomic games trading must set an exchange rate between their currencies and the universal currency. The universal currency is the Suber, a quantity of which is written as xS, where x is the number of Subers, and the exchange rate is calculated by the formula 1S = x/100 points, where x is the number of points needed to win in the Nomic game in question and "points" refers to the points or dominant scorekeeping unit of that game. [[For example: 10 B Nomic points = 1S, because 1000/100 = 10.]]

C.2. Trade
In order to trade items between two Nomics, both rulesets must first be compliant with the item to be traded. Rules defining purchasable items can be created by the Administrator at the request of one player, without a vote being taken. When a purchasable item is purchased by a player who is not a player in the game that created the item in the first place, the proceeds from the sale of that item are converted to Subers and given to the game that created the item, for distribution according to their ruleset.

C.2.1. Copyrights
Purchasable items may be copyrighted as products of a certain game. Rules defining previously copyrighted items may not be created in other Nomic games unless by the procedure described above.

D. War
If two Nomic games have made contact and either game has agreed under the terms of its ruleset to declare War on the other, the state of affairs between those games is defined to be War.

D.1. Declaring War
Any Nomic game may at any time declare War against any other Nomic game by having a player empowered to make links to other Nomic games state that War has been declared in the appropriate forum of the game they wish to declare War on.

E. Alliance
If two Nomic games have made contact, are both at War against a common enemy game, and have agreed to Ally against said enemy, the state of affairs between those games is defined to be Alliance.

F. Uber-precedence
This rule takes precedence over all rules in all rulesets of all active Nomic games.
}}

Create another rule:

{{
__B Nomic-specific diplomacy__

A. Declaring War in B Nomic
The Ambassador is empowered to declare War if 2/3 of all players declare in a public forum that they support a War with the same other game of Nomic.

B. Copyrighted Items of B Nomic
The following items are copyrighted purchasable items of B Nomic:
Gnomes defined in B Nomic rule 441
Grid Objects defined in B Nomic rules 301, 550, 705, 950, 1075, 1266, and 1268
Alcoholic Beverages defined in B Nomic rules 498 and 1081
[[I may have forgotten something, but I need to sleep now, so if I did, point it out or the commie bastards in other games are liable to pinch it. Or not.]]
}}
}}

                                                  [[BvS]]