Orc In A Spacesuit on 4 Dec 2002 02:57:02 -0000

[Spoon-business] Revising Races

I change the entirety of Proposal 1249, __Races__ to the following:
{{
Create the following rule:
{{__Races__
Each Player and Gremlin has an attribute called Race. The default Race is Undefined, except for Gremlins, whose race is Gremlin. The Yeti has a Race, which is Yeti. Objects that have a Race also have the attributes Strength (STR), Speed (SPD), Intelligence (INT), and Constitution (CON). These four attributes may be referred to as Sats. Following is a list of Standard Races, and values for the Stats of objects that have the races:

Race   STR SPD INT CON Gender
Human  10  10  10  10  Male/Female
Orc    16  8    6  20  Male/Female
Dwarf  14  7    9  21  Male/Female
Elf     8  14  15   9  Male/Female
Ogre   20  6    1  30  Male/Female
Fairie  3  11  18   2  Male/Female
Blob    8  5   10  16  Drone
Alien  11  9   12   7  Male/Female/Drone
Insect 13  11   6  12  Male/Female
Droid   6  7    8   6  Drone   [[It sucks, but I'm thinking
                                   special Droid upgrades ]]

The Genders in the above table are the legal Genders for objects that have the associated Race, if the object has a Gender. The Gender of an object may not be changed if the new Gender is not legal for the Race of that object. If an object has a Gender that is illegal for its Race, its Gender is changed to a random legal Gender for that Race. This paragraph takes precedence over Rule 295.

If the Race of a Player is Undefined, e may change eir Race to any Standard Race.

The default values for Stats are as follows:
STR: 10
SPD: 10
INT: 10
CON: 10

If any of an objects Stats are not otherwise explicitly defined, they are set to these default values.

Events may make positive or negative changes (shorthand: give + or -) to a Stat of an object. If such occurs, then while the event applies, the object's appropriate Stat is modified by that amount. All modifiers stack. The resultant Stat values are the object's Modified Stats; the original Stats, those assigned previously in this rule, are the object's Base Stats.

If a carryable object 'gives +/- # STAT', where # is a number and STAT is a Stat, then while that object is in the possession of an entity with that Stat, the modifier applies to that entity. An object that has the end of it's name "of +/- # STAT" gives +/- # STAT.
}}
[[end Races rule, and begin change to Ministries]]

Add the following to Rule 625/6, __Ministers__:
{{
C.5. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
There exists a Ministry of Statkeeping.

The Minister of Statkeeping has the power and responsibility to do all the following: Make the base (unmodified) and modified Stats of all objects that have Stats available to all players and the Administrator.
Recognize changes to all Stats.
Make all such attributes that are directly and primarily affected by the Stats (such as how far people can run) available to all players and the Administrator, in a straightforward, easy to understand format.
}}
[[end proposal]]

I applied multipliers to 2 Stats, so now 10 is normal for everything.

Right now Stats don't do anything, but here's how I envision it working:
Each player/Gremlin/whatever can:
Carry objects who's weight adds up to 10 times their STR.
Move up to their SPD / 3 spaces per nweek (rounded down).
Operate machinery whose INT requirement is no greater than their INT (I'm thinking around 10 for piloting an airspeeder, maybe more cause it's so complicated, and if that's too much, ya gotta get a pilot.) Have a BAC up to their CON / 2 without being Intoxicated. And when intoxicated, I'm thinking an INT penalty is in order, too. And CON could perhaps deal with withstanding the elements in the future, too.

Individual racial notes:
Elves should be able to drink wine with a lessened BAC increase.
Droids should not be able to drink without major penalties.
Droids ought to be able to get upgrades, kind of like Speeders, that let them get things like increased SPD, or a bonus to INT when doing specific tasks (like the programming to operate a speeder).

Another idea: Perhaps INT could limit the Automation Scripts. That would be another limiting factor, and should actually help Dave, as long as we don't make it such that lots of quick changes can screw things up.

Cordially,
Orc In A Spacesuit