Wonko on 29 Nov 2002 17:36:01 -0000

[Spoon-business] Votes

Quoth David E. Smith,

> Behold the glory and splendor that is the nweek 27 ballot:

*stares in awe* Wow.

> Proposal 1206/1: Number Guessing (Athena)
Yes

> Proposal 1207/1: Unit fixing (Wonko)
Yes

> Proposal 1208/1: More Raw Materials (Orc In a Spacesuit)
Yes, but I'd like to see the 'gainsy' rectified out of the last sentence of
the first paragraph of section A.3.

> Proposal 1209/1: Automation (Orc In a Spacesuit)
No. It's too much work to remember, it could be implemented with societies
or with pseudocode (which everyone seems to hate for some reason), and the
wording right now suggests that Auto-Actions never happen, because they wait
for all other actions to happen first. There are a LOT of other actions
waiting to happen.

> Proposal 1210/1: Miscellaneous Fixes (Wonko)
Yes

> Proposal 1211/0: Speed Limit (Rob)
Yes

> Proposal 1212/0: Less is Less (Rob)
Yes on 1,2,3,6,7
No on 4,5
In 4, you've used the wrong paragraph numbers, methinks - you're repealing
the part that prevents ppl from getting points by kicking emself
In 5, you'll have to do alot more work if you want to repeal brooks - there
are dozens of places that mention brooks; even though we never use those,
they still shouldn't be left with undefined object references.

> Proposal 1214/0: Races (Orc In a Spacesuit)
Yes. The wording is a bit iffy, but I think it's pretty obvious what it
means. Any but the stupidest of judges ought to be able to figure it out.

> Proposal 1215/1: Lots o' Stuff (Orc In a Spacesuit)
Shelve. I agree that I'd like to see uses for all these things before we
randomly start making them.

> Proposal 1216/1: Let's get them working right (Orc In a Spacesuit)
No. I went to all that work to completely rewrite societies; why would I
vote for something that basically undoes everything I did?

> Proposal 1217/0: International Currencies (Athena)
No. Random processes irritate me. I prefer deterministic systems.
Now, what would be cool would be if we found some other Nomic games, and
established ways of trading currencies with them; but I have yet to hear any
reports from our Minister of Foreign Affairs.

> Proposal 1221/0: Disrespect bd (Unauthored)
Nah.

> Proposal 1222/0: Disrespect Glotmorf (Unauthored)
Nah.

> Proposal 1223/0: Disrespect the Baron (Unauthored)
Nah.

> Proposal 1224/3: Happy Birthday to Us! (Wonko)
Yes

> Proposal 1231/0: Rewiring the Justice System, take 2 (Wonko)
Yes

> Proposal 1233/0: Return of the King (Orc In a Spacesuit)
No. It already works; don't fix it.

> Proposal 1234/0: Rewind (Lord Gregarian)
No. This would rip the game apart, and send us into an instant SOE.

> Proposal 1235/0: It's My Party and I'll Go Postal if I Want To (Glotmorf)
Yes, but I'd like the bit about Mandate restrictions to be clarified.

> Proposal 1236/1: The Ruleset in your Pocket (Wonko)
Yes

> Proposal 1237/0: Well, at least it's not another SOE... (The Administrator)
No. Part of the problem has been fixed already, the other part needs lots of
legal loophole leaping in order to fix, which this doesn't do.

> Proposal 1238/0: Time Bomb De-fusing (Glotmorf)
No. We made a crazy choice, and I stand by it.

--
Wonko