bd on 22 Nov 2002 22:28:04 -0000

Fwd: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Ramroding the CFI's

On Friday 22 November 2002 05:14 pm, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
> I change my name to David E. Smith.  By rule 25, I am now the
> administrator.

I attach the following analysis to my previous CFI:
{{
By rule 2, "Any similarity between the string of characters that constitute
the name of a Player and a string of characters in the text of a Proposal,
Rule, or Judgment shall have no impact on the implementation of that
Proposal, Rule, or Judgment, unless the language of the Proposal, Rule, or
Judgment specifically indicates the string of characters is referring to a
Player of that name. ".

Rule 25 states: "The Administrator is David E. Smith." Rule 25 does not
specifically indicate the string of characters, "David E. Smith" is referring
to a Player of that name.

Therefore "the player formerly known as Orc in a Spacesuit" is not the
Administrator, but he is "the player named David E. Smith".
}}
--
bd
Young men think old men are fools; but old men know young men are fools.

bd
All progress is based upon a universal innate desire of every organism
to live beyond its income.
		-- Samuel Butler, "Notebooks"