Orc In A Spacesuit on 17 Nov 2002 01:56:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] statements

I have two statements to make about the game. They don't necessarily change anything, but I believe them to be true.

1. Because you can submit votes privately to the administrator, and messages on -discuss do get to him, my accidental posting of the votes to -discuss counts. And I don't have to repost my votes.

2. No proposal that includes a major change to a signifigant part or the game, or creates/removes a signifigant part of the game, is without errors on it's first revision. Examples include Societies (including the props made before I got here), Stocks, Mining, DimShips... shall I go on?

As a corolarry to statement 2, I encourage everyone making such proposals to do at least one of the following:
1. Post the first revision to -discuss, and make changes based on comments.
2. When people have problems with proposals, actually revise your props to reflect these. If CFIable things are pointed out, fix them even if you think the rulings of said CFI's would be obvoious.

I've tried to follow those guidelines, though haven't been completly successful. And I know just about everyone else has done similar things (like with corporations). I'm just suggesting we all do these more, to help avoid the problems we have.

Respectfully,
Orc In A Spacesuit