Wonko on 14 Oct 2002 04:22:06 -0000

Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 24 BALLOT

Quoth David E. Smith,

> The following measures are on the ballot for nweek 24. (A couple of the
> ones labeled "The Administrator" are actually Unauthored. I'll try to fix
> that one in the database, well, someday.)
>
> Proposal 1063/0: The Fish is Dead, Long Smell the Fish (Glotmorf)

No. I like the tower; it's less buggy than the current "3-D" grid ideas.

> Proposal 1064/0: How's This for Feng Shui? (Glotmorf)

No. You're making undefined references to things again... "Work Crews"? It's
things like this that blur the distinction between "Drinking" "A glass of
Champagne", and "Drinking a Glass of Champagne".

> Proposal 1065/0: Rock On! (Glotmorf)

No. I think the whole 'surface square' thing is buggy; I don't want MORE of
it until what we have is fixed. Also, this does nothing - it should say, "if
proposal 1007 *passed*", 'cause it already did.

> Proposal 1066/0: To Curse Once More (Wonko)

Yes. Even if y'all give it 0's for literary merit, I still think it's a good
idea to clarify this.

> Proposal 1067/0: Let Me Make One Thing Perfectly Clear... (Glotmorf)

Yes. Then we can stop arguing. Or rather, find something else to argue
about.

> Proposal 1072/1: Crime Doesn't Pay (Wonko)

Yes. And BTW, 'Morf, this is only its second time around.

> Proposal 1074/0: Stop It! (Wonko)

Yes. It's at the Admin's discretion, so it CAN'T be used often unless you do
something to piss off Dave. Which ought to be on the LOGAS by itself anyway.
Actually, that gives me an idea...

> Proposal 1080/0: Wind (Again) (The Voice)

Yes. There are some missing bits, but those can be added later.

> Proposal 1083/0: Chads, Hanging and Otherwise (The Voice)

Shelve. I'd like to see some bigger drawbacks.

> Proposal 1087/0: Voting For The Present (Glotmorf)

No. The new players seem to always be pretty well-informed; why should we
deny em a vote?

> Proposal 1088/0: You Go, Whatever-passes-for-gender-among-orcs!

Yes.

> (The Administrator)
> Proposal 1089/0: Yes, My Friend, You are Bold, but Are You Also...Daring?

Abstain.

> (The Administrator)
> Proposal 1091/0: Visualize (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Yes.

> Proposal 1092/0: A New Wing for The Gallery (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Yes, but the limit will still be 20 points for you unless you raise some
Chutzpah.

> Proposal 1093/0: Guys aren't eirs! (Orc In a Spacesuit)

No. I don't like being forced to use either, and at the moment we could do
what Orc put in *his* proposal anyway.

> Proposal 1095/0: Nweek 24 Insta-Prop (House Grem)

No. And I still maintain that Gremlins can't vote - yes, we decided that
they could, but then we *changed* the ruleset so they couldn't. That's the
part where we said that only players could vote. It's on the site. Look it
up.

> Proposal 1096/0: But This Is Less than I Started With! (Glotmorf)

Yes.

> Proposal 1097/0: Cleanup on Aisle 1073! (Glotmorf)

No. Because you're wrong on almost every count.

> Proposal 1100/0: Fixing the Broken Shelf (The Administrator)

Yes.

> Proposal 1101/0: The Worst Thing Since Sliced Bread (The Administrator)

Part I: Yes. Part II: No. If I had the Dark Hand, I'd use it on this just to
stop part II, because I think it would be worth dying.

> Proposal 1102/0: This Nomic is Cracked (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Yes.

> Proposal 1104/0: Restacking Bonus Boxes (M-Tek)

No. I almost like it, but I don't think Shiny/Scary things should be taking
stuff from the Gremlin fund. Also, I want to get a point when this passes
anyway.

> Proposal 1107/0: Nweek 24 Nitpicks (M-Tek)

Yes.

> Proposal 1108/0: Patch BNomic-1.0.0-to-1.0.1.diff (bd)

No. That's ridiculous. Pinball Guns were SUPPOSED to be fired at Bonus
Boxes. The image in my mind of Shiny things as giant sparkly spheres was the
whole reason they're CALLED Pinball Guns, instead of something loony like
pressure cannons or Push-O-Matics.

> Proposal 1109/0: What ever (bd)

No.

> Proposal 1110/2: Olive Trees (Athena)

No. I don't like the idea of people getting stuff for doing NOTHING.

> Proposal 1111/0: vSOI v.2.1 (Baron von Skippy)

Yes.

> Proposal 1113/0: The Mookie Secret (Wonko May Not Vote)

No. That's ludicrous.

> Proposal 1114/0: Bandwidth Salads (Athena)

No.

> Proposal 1115/0: Football Robots (Athena)

No. I really like the idea, but you're giving yourself BNS for doing
nothing, so I have to vote no. Try it without the 'AS gets BNS' bit, and
perhaps I'll vote for it.

> Proposal 1116/0: Grid Fun (Athena)

No. It's gonna be bad enough trying to represent a 3D grid on a 2D surface;
if we go 4D, I'm gonna have to propose to repeal the whole Grid.

> Proposal 1117/0: The Return (Wonko)

Yes. I'd rate it 15, but my rating doesn't count.

> Proposal 1121/0: Athena's Societies Fix (Athena)

No. Retroactive application sucks.

> Proposal 1123/0: Bailing the Water, Not Fixing the Hull (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Yes, assuming the repetition will be rectified.

> Proposal 1124/0: When Nine Hundred Years Old You Reach... (Wonko)

Yes.

> Proposal 1125/0: ...Look As Good You Will Not (Wonko)

Yes.

> Proposal 1126/0: vSET Does Stuff (Baron von Skippy)

No. I'm rather confused. What's this random reference to r15?

> Proposal 1127/0: IT (bd)

No. Though I can assure you there are at least a dozen different ways this
can be used for personal advantage...

> Proposal 1128/1: hands (bd)

No. "Each type of hand"? Hands don't have types. Besides, this will all be
figured out when we have an emergency in, oh, about two days...

> Proposal 1129/0: Corporate B-Nomic (Wonko)

Yes.

> Proposal 1130/0: Okay, the World Revolves Around You This Nweek (Glotmorf)

No. If this passed, a pair of players could keep a stupid rule open
indefinitely.

> Proposal 1131/0: Let's Get the Ball Rolling... (Glotmorf)

Abstain. Too complicated for me to read it through right now; I'm really
tired.

> Proposal 1132/0: Imperial Dave (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Yes.

> Proposal 1133/0: More Details (Orc In a Spacesuit)

Yes.

--
Wonko