Orc In A Spacesuit on 13 Oct 2002 06:10:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] Admin: error

I would like to call to the Administrator's attention that an error has been made with the recording of a proposal. This error can be seen both on the 'current proposals' page and by looking at the relevant Historical Docs info.

Proposal 1123/0, __Bailing the Water, Not Fixing the Hull__, seems to have text repeated, as well as some text mixed in from somthing else. Part of the original message, with the actual proposal, is presented below:

{{__Bailing the Water, Not Fixing the Hull__
Deactivate Rule 946, __B Nomic Stock Exchange__
[[I think it's patched up, but nobody's using it pretty much, and I
still think it's a minefield.]]

Deactivate Rule 1077, __Mining The Grid__
[[Fix it up Glotmorf, you have the fixings of something real good
here.  Just not yet.  This fixes the 'spend 70 BNS to destroy just
about anything' problem']]

Repeal Rule 6, __Game Definitions__
[[This gets rid of the 'everything must have uniquely identifying
names' problem; those definitions are flawed anyway, and by being #6
breaks the rules about numbers.
This, by the way is another one that only Wonko and I voted against. Must not rant, must not rant....]]

If any changes to the charters of any societies were made between
the submitting and and passing of this proposal, undo those changes
and any results of them. [[I'm basically freezing societies from
right when I submit it to when these safeguards take place]]

Remove all members of Wonko's Slaves, except Wonko.  If any change
of points or BNS happened as a result of membership in Wonko's
Slaves, undo those changes.

Remove all text in the charter of The Secret Mookies after and
including the first instance of "Members of The Secret Mookies named
Wonko" in that charter.  Return to Wonko any points and BNS
transferred solely as a result of that removed section.

Create the following rule:
{{__Bureaucracratic Deadlock__{*(Society), 6*}
Society charters may not be changed, except by proposal or
administarial bookeeping .  This rule takes precedence over any rule
that would allow society charters to be changed by any other method
than the two stated in the previous sentence.  [[Repeal this once
societies get fixed]]
}}

Create the following rule:
{{__These things matter__{*(Vote), 12*}
No other rule or proposal can modify, change, add, remove, regulate,
or discount any votes for Unauthored Proposals.  Each player, and
only players, get exactly one vote, which is fully under eir
control, for Unauthored Proposals.  Unauthored Proposals are deemed
to have signifigance, and the true feeling of the players should be
allowed to be expressed on them.  [[This gets rid of Hands,
Drunkeness, and Mind Tricks for Declarations of (Dis)Respect,
Ministerial No-Confidence, and anything else we make Unauthored.]]
}}
}}

Orc In A Spacesuit
is still bailing water