Jeremy \"Athena\" Cook on 6 Oct 2002 11:28:04 -0000

[Spoon-business] Grid Fun

I propose:
{{

Change Rule 301, Subsection A.1 to:

"There exists an environment known as the Grid. The Grid is composed of
surface units, which in turn contain locations, also known as Squares. The
Grid is 20 surface units wide by 20 surface units long by 10 waves high.
The surface units are numbered from 1 to 20 horizontally (the x axis) and
1 to 20 vertically (the y axis) and 1 to 10 fourth-dimensionally (the w
axis); squares in surface units use the x and y and w axes, but also
employ elevation (the z axis), expressed as units of elevation above or
below grid level (where z is equal to 0). Each surface unit on the Grid
can be expressed as an (x,y,w) coordinate location, with (1,1,1) in the
lower left-hand corner at one end of the fourth-dimensional spectrum, and
(20,20,10) in the upper right at the other end. Each square on the grid
can be expressed as an (x,y,w,z) coordinate location, with x and y and w
indicating the surface unit; if the z coordinate is not supplied for a
square, it is assumed to be the surface square."

[[So our old Grid is on Wave 1, but there are 9 other Waves to go to]]

In A.2, change "Two squares are consecutive if both their x and y
coordinates differ by no more than 1." to "Two squares are consecutive if
all of their x, y, and w coordinates differ by no more than 1."

In B, change (x,y) to (x,y,w) everywhere it occurs.

In D, change "The Object is moved to a square with coordinates
(x+a-3,y+b-3), where x and y are the x and y coordinates of the square
being Thrown at, and a and b are both 1d5." to "The Object is moved to a
square with coordinates (x+a-3,y+b-3,w+c-3), where x, y, and w are the x,
y, and w coordinates of the square being Thrown at, and a, b, and c are
1d5."

Delete "both" in "both less than 15" in D.

In E.2.2, change "Players in any Grid square immediately adjoining a
Siren's Zone of Enchantment (either horizontally, vertically, or
diagonally) are in the Siren's Zone of Almost-Total Rapture (ZATR)." to
"Players in any Grid square immediately adjoining a Siren's Zone of
Enchantment in the same Wave (either horizontally, vertically, or
diagonally) are in the Siren's Zone of Almost-Total Rapture (ZATR)."

Add the following to Rule 301:
A.4. Assumption of First Wave
If a point on the grid is specified in the form (x,y), it refers to
(x,y,1).

}}

Athena
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
	"All our belief systems, religions, and governments are the result
of a series of mistakes that turned out to be better at making copies of
themselves after all."
	-Richard Brodie
	http://www.memecentral.com/Level3.htm

	"We look at the world through windows on which have been drawn
grids (concepts). Different philosophies use different grids. A culture is
a group of people with rather similar grids. Through a window we view
chaos, and relate it to the points on our grid, and thereby understand it.
The ORDER is in the GRID."
	-The Principia Discordia
	Jeremy Cook
	The Goddess Athena