Mark Haywood on 5 Aug 2002 01:37:04 -0000

[Spoon-business] Woo! Proposals!

See, I've been looking through the ruleset, and I've been finding some things which look a little off, and others that seem to need updating to the current state of affairs, etc. So, I make the following proposals:

Proposal 1:
{{
__What the Hell is an Agent?__

In Rule 17, replace the text "Actions occur upon reaching the appropriate Fora. Non-action events--i.e., events not caused by Agents--occur at exactly the times specified in the Rules." with "Actions occur upon reaching the appropriate Fora. Non-action events [[i.e., events not caused by Players]] occur at exactly the times specified in the Rules."
}}

Proposal 2:
{{
__Yesterday's News__
In Rule 22, replace "All dimensions for all players are set to zero" in the bulleted list with "All dimensions except Respect for all players are set to zero."
}}

Proposal 3:
{{
__Solving one of the Quest's Problems__
In Rule 33, replace "If at least one of the rules in conflict explicity says of itself that it defers to another rule (or type of rule), then such provisions shall supersede the Chutzpah method for determining precedence." with "If at least one of the rules in conflict explicity says of itself that it defers to or takes precedence over another rule (or type of rule), then such provisions shall supersede the Chutzpah method for determining precedence."
}}

Proposal 4:
{{
__Oh Yes, You'll Pay__
In Rule 124, replace "When a player's proposal fails, e loses 1d6 points, unless e does not have that many points, in which case eir score simply becomes 0." with "When a player's proposal fails, e loses 1d6 points, unless e does not have that many points, in which case eir BNS are converted to points until they have enough points to cover the loss. If they do not have enough BNS to convert, eir score becomes 0 and they lose all of eir BNS."
}}

Proposal 5:
{{
__There was Something Else... Oh Yeah, a Scapegoat!__
In Rule 126, add to the lettered list "c) The Plantiff, before a Judge has been chosen, naming a Defendant."
}}

And... I'm spent.