bd on 3 Aug 2002 02:33:05 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Stock 'n' stuff

On Friday 02 August 2002 10:26 pm, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> >>Well, no, as a matter of fact, it doesn't say anywhere you can't buy a
> >>stock that someone else has bought...
> >>
> >>So.  I purchase the player stocks of Athena, bd, Dan, The Voice, Wild
> >>Card, and Wonko.
> >>
> >>I then sell the player stocks of Athena, bd, Dan, The Voice, Wild Card
> >> and Wonko.
> >>
> >>That should take the stocks away from the Baron, with no recompense to
> >> em, and no net change in my shilling balance.
> >
> >Well, that was random. What happened to 'making sense at all hours'?
> >
> >Look at the rule. It says a) you can't buy a player's 'stock'. You can buy
> >shares of it, but not the whole thing. b) there's no limit to how many
> >shares of each stock can be bought, by any one player or by many different
> >players. c) Just because you sold your shares doesn't mean anyone else
> >loses theirs.
>
> -Holy hell. Better living through bad phrasing.-
>
> >Or maybe I'm missing something - is there a rule somewhere that says
> >"Anyone may do anything to the gamestate, provided that what they do is
> >stupid"?
> >There should be.
>
> -That's the full text of Less is More: The Ruleset.-

[[ You should know better than that... ]]

Create the following proposal:
{{
Create the following rule:
{{
__Less is More: The Ruleset__

Anyone may do anything to the gamestate, provided that what they do is stupid.
}}

Repeal all other rules.
}}