Dan Waldron on 18 Jul 2002 02:22:03 -0000

[Spoon-business] revision

Because maybe I wasn't being clear I have tried to carefully spell out the
limits of what I am trying to do.  I have also reduced the penalty and the
window in which the transgression must be caught.  In addition I have
exempted nonwritten communication from punishment.

The following is a revised version of my proposal entitled "Who said games
were supposed to be easy?"

{{
Replace the last paragraph of section B.6 of rule 154 with the following:
{{
B.6.1. Syllable Limits

If a player's Entropy exceeds ((Maximum Entropy) / (# of players)) / 2 , e
is expected to use only words of three or fewer syllables in communication
relevant to this game. If a player's Entropy exceeds (((Maximum Entropy) /
(# of players)) / 4) * 3 , e is expected to use only words of two or fewer
syllables. If a player's Entropy exceeds ((Maximum Entropy) / (# of
players)), e is expected to use only words of one syllable. Comprehensible
abbreviations and acronyms defined in the game rules are acceptable in
order to comply with this. Also exempt are: numbers, typing symbols, and
quotes from current rules or other public forum msgs. (though not one's
own msgs.).

Should a player post a message to the public forum that violates the above
expectations any game actions contained in that message are ignored and
eir score is reduced by 5 points.

Should a piece of non-public-forum written communication that violates the
above expectations be brought to the attention of the administrator the
score of the author is reduced by 5 points if the all of following
conditions are met:

1. The author must be a player and must have been subject to the
syllable limit at both the time of first distribution of the material in
question and the time at which it was brought to the attention of the
administrator.

2. The writing must be on the subject of or refer directly to
this game or some aspect of this game.

3. The writing must be brought to the attention of the Administrator
within 3 ndays of the time of first distribution.

4. The Clock must be On at both the time of first distribution and the
time of complaint.

A player's score shall be reduced by no more than 25 points per nday or 50
points per nweek due to this subsection.

}}
}}