David E. Smith on 30 May 2002 04:34:57 -0000

spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (special ABSURD edition) (Wednesday night)

Given the direness of other things going on, I'm not sure why I'm even
bothering with some of this. But...

This edition of the Daily Recognizer is brought to you by Project Majestic
Mix (www.majesticmix.com). It's cool. Buy stuff.

The Clock turns back On, as the Writ of Delay expires. (Give or take five
minutes. Hopefully that can be forgiven.)

Baron von Skippy enrolled a number of people in vSOI without their
explicit consent; I believe that's illegal, and so it's not presently
acknowledged.

BvS buys Water and Earth Gnomes, and squeezes 'em. E is now standing in a
bunch of Mud.

Rob is randomly relocated on the Grid to (18,1). Eir Radar blips directly
to eir north.

Wonko is refunded the points e was erroneously charged for the failure of
a Charter Proposal (all 2 of 'em).

Whether Wonko was legally permitted to vote is, as was mentioned
previously, irrelevant, though for the record, I now believe eir votes did
in fact count.

bd moves on the Grid (assuming there still IS a grid...) and picks up an
Air Gnome.

Rob gave a total of 40 points to the Gremlin Fund. That's tax-deductible,
y'know...

The Reality Police (from the Upper House) rules TRUE on CFI 712. That's
2/3 and thus the verdict is upheld.

The Reality Police changes eir name (that's like the fifth or sixth name
e's had this game), gives full proxy rights to Wonko, and goes On Leave.

bd buys eir way into vSOI. (5 points transferred from bd to BvS)

The many CFIs filed relating to possible Wins... (aside: if this all comes
down to an Emergency, hopefully the Refresh proposals will include wiping
all these irrelevant CFIs from the books, or at least setting them all to
"REFUSED" or somethin'.)

* Wild Card's is 754, assigned to Naath.
* BvS's first is 756, assigned to Rob.
* eir second  is 757, assigned to Wonko.

(I *knew* that the ability to do arbitrary judge assignments would be
amusing. Well, *I* think it's funny.)

* Rob's "undefined" CFI is 758, assigned to Glotmorf. (rectified: "Global
  Entropy" -> "Universal Entropy")
* bd's "infinte entropy" CFI is 762, assigned to Ed Murphy.

And the silliness continues, here's proposals:

"Land First!" is 755/0 (rectified: I removed the comment delimiters,
because some rule allows me to make changes I believe express the player's
intent even if the player botches something as goofy as the delimiters)

I'm not sure this is the best time to be mucking about with such things,
but "Introducing Physical Law" is 759/0. (There's a spurious }} and a bit
of text in the middle that's begging to be deleted at some point.)

"crash fix" is 760/0.

"The Twilight of the DimShip" is 761/0.

...dave