David E. Smith on 18 May 2002 05:56:57 -0000

spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Friday night)

I overlooked the "rounding" thing in R630; Iain is awarded 1 point.

The Scarf is awarded to The Reality Police, who also receives 18 Style.

"Time Freeze, my butt" is 707/0. And that reverse thing is a BAD idea. :)

Glotmorf's Holy Order of Points CFI is 708, assigned (randomly -- I'll
only handpick the judges if it's really important IMO) to Rob.

Glotmorf may or may not be able to join the aforementioned Order.

"Delegation Means Delegation" is 709/0.

There's no Minister of the Ordinance Survey at this time - the relevant
rules/proposals didn't name an initial holder of the office - so the
Nomination phase for that office begins, effective now, for 5 ndays. By
default, I'm a candidate for that office. (Gee, thanks.)

Fortunately, there IS an Insta-Minister, Glotmorf. Be sure to give em a
nice warm welcome by stretching out those Insta-Slide-Rules! (Btw,
Glotmorf, I'm sorta assuming that you'll also be tracking players'
Insta-Rulers, as this would be necessary for you to do your job. If you're
not planning to do so, lemme know so we can work something out.)

As my one proposal for the nweek, I propose:

{{ __Sing When You're Winning__

Replace the text of Rule 22 with:

{{

In the event of a Win being awarded, the following events immediately
occur, in order:

* All dimensions for all players are set to zero
* The player who was awarded the Win receives one point of Respect
* The effects listed in Rule 440 occur, as though Universal Entropy had
  exceeded Maximum Entropy.
* The Clock is turned Off until the Watch reads three wdays
  [[ so we can have a bit of a breather ]]

If possible, play continues normally.

}}

Replace the text of Rule 27 with:

{{
If at any time a player's score equals or exceeds 1000 points, and that
player's Charm and Activity are both greater than zero, that player is
immediately awarded a Win.
}}

Remove the second sentence from Rule 548. [[ Enough with the damn sheep. ]]

}}

The above is 710/0.

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis MO 63151