Jonathan David Amery on 16 Apr 2002 23:52:27 -0000

spoon-business: elJefe strikes again...

 In my meanderings among bits of long lost .nomic [[look upon me...]]
I encountered Slakko's rules fix - which utilised elJefe's loophole to
fix our rules.

 Players interested in elJefe's loophole should read Internomic
Judgement #5 at:

 http://www.slack.net/~bruck/internomic/cfj.html

 Anyway, I believe that a varient of this loophole exists here,
therefore (I'm going to go for a reasonably minimal one here):

 By Rule 18/1:

#  Whatever is not prohibited or regulated by the Ruleset is permitted
# and unregulated, with the sole exception of Rule Changes, which are
# permitted only when a Rule or set of Rules explicitly or implicitly
# permits them. A Rule Change consists of the creation (enactment),
# modification (amendment), or deletion (repeal) of a rule.

 This rule explicitly permits Rule changes in the case where a Rule,
or a set of Rules explicitly or implicitly permits Rule Changes.

 By Rule 12/0:

#  Rule Changes that affect Rules needed to allow or apply Rule Changes
# are permissible. Even Rule Changes that amend or repeal their own
# authority are premissible. No Rule Change is impermissible solely on
# account of its self-reference or self-application.

 This rule explicitly permits Rule Changes that affect rules needed to
allow Rule Changes.

 Hence Rules 18/1 and 12/0 are, between them, a set of Rules
explicitly permitting Rule Changes that affect Rule 18/1.

 Hence I change Rule 18/1 to read as follows:

{{
 With the exception of Rule Changes whatever is not prohibited or
regulated by the Ruleset is permitted and unregulated.

 Changing the Rules is permitted only as explicitly or implicitly
described by a Rule other than this Rule or a set of Rules not
including this Rule.

 A Rule Change consists of the creation (enactment),
modification (amendment), or deletion (repeal) of a rule.
}}

 WC.