Eric Gerlach on 12 Apr 2002 00:32:32 -0000

spoon-business: Actionth

Okay then, here are my end-of-nweek actionth:

PROPOSAL #1
===========
{{
__A fix for Wonko__

In the rule created by proposal 536, replace the text "how many ndays long the Delay is" with the text "how many wdays long the Delay is" and the text "until the Watch reads the same number of ndays" with the text "until the Watch reads the same number of wdays".

[[ The watch reads wdays, not ndays ]]
}}

PROPOSAL #2
===========
{{
__I rob from the rich!__

[[

So I was walking around Nomicwood forest, when I heard a clinking sound all of a sudden. Looking over my shoulder, I saw a glint through the trees. Being the curious Nomican that I am, I decided to wade my way through the brush to see what was going on. Pushing my way deeper into the forest, I begin to see the source of the clinking sound... I large pile of golden points! Incredible! And sitting on top was a Gremlin! He hadn't seen me yet, but that was about to change...

"... 108, 109, 110, 111.... Stop!" ... He heard me.... "Now, you rich player you! Give me your points or I shall take your life!"

Well, as we all know from my bout with The Voter Colonel, I don't like being ordered around like that.

"No.  You're just a Gremlin.  Who are you?" I replied.

"I'm Robin!  I rob from the rich!"

".. and you give to the poor, right?!?"

"Say wha?"

"You rob from the rich and give to the poor!  Isn't that right?"

"I don't remember any 'give to the poor' bit..."

"You're Robin Gremlin! You're based off the fictional character Robin Hood, who robs from the rich and gives to the poor!"

"I am?"

"Well I thought you were... Geez, somebody ought to teach you. Listen, here's what you're gonna do:"

]]

Revise Rule 551 in the following manner:

Replace the text "the Gremlin Fund" with the text "the Player with the lowest Score".

[[

"Here, you try it now.  You rob from the rich...."

"And give to the moor?"

"No!  The poor!  Try again.  You rob from the rich..."

"And give to the boor?"

"No!  Poor!  Can't you Gremlins get anything right?  You rob from the rich..."

"And give you a beer?"

"Please.  But you're still wrong!  One last try... you rob from the rich..."

"And give to the poor!  I rob from the rich and give to the poor!"

"There you go.  Now go off to do good!"

"Okay.  But first hand over your points."

Damn.

]]
}}

MISC ACTIONS

I book a flight on Elbonian Airwayth to (18, 12).

I place mythelf On Leave (I'm gonna be thanth computer for a few dayth, and tho I don't want to be beaned, pun intended).

Okay, I think that about coverth it, thee you all on Thaturday!