Alex Truelsen on 31 Mar 2002 04:35:45 -0000

spoon-business: The right to bear arms

Add the following SAXAPHONE delimited text to my as-yet-unrecognized proposal, placed between the end of the text and the three delimiters ( "]] }" ) at the very end:

SAXAPHONE
     A few days pass?
     ?Wonko CFJ?d? You can?t be serious!?
?It?s all over the news, Baron. If this CFJ is judged true, half the Gremlins in Bville wink out of existence.?
     ?The half created by me, the Voice, and Wonko, that is.?
     ?Yes, sir.?
?All right, I?ll get right on it. Have Andre meet me in the conference room.?
     ?Yes, sir.?
15 minutes later, Andre, legal council to Baron von Skippy, met er employer for an emergency meeting.
     ?Well, Andre, what do you have for me??
?Baron, it doesn?t look good. Any Judge in eir right mind would have to decide TRUE for this one.? ?I thought I had saved Copper by making him Idol-compliant,? the Baron muttered angrily. ?So, what hoops must I jump through to save him now?? ?Well, Baron, I?ve been looking at the ruleset, and I think I?ve found the solution.? The Baron grimaced slightly at the memory of that failed proposal and attempt at haiku. ?Oh, sorry, sir. Anyway, here it is.?
]]

Delete the third paragraph of Rule 293.

[[
     ?That?s it??
?Well, sir, that?s the trouble part, the part that reads ?Any rule which creates a gremlin which directly affects players must also amend this rule to specify how that gremlin would affect the player with the Idol.? Without it, this problem disappears.?
     ?But without it, how will Gremlins be Idol-compliant??
?It will be assumed that the holder of the Idol is immune to all effects of that Gremlin, unless the effects have been specified by an amendment to Rule 293. Such amendments will be at the creator?s discretion.?
     ?Can it actually work??
?Oh, yes, sir, and it clears up this major problem. If we send it off soon enough, we can save Copper this nweek, a nice side bonus.? The Baron leaned back, a smile spreading across his face. ?Good work, Andre. Fire it off, and we?ll see if we can?t resolve this little problem before it erupts into another wave of riots.? Andre did so, and left the room and BvS looking pensively out of the conference room?s windows at Bville outside.
SAXAPHONE

There, I think I've nailed down just about everything...

                                           Cheers,
                                             BvS