Tyler Crosby on 8 Feb 2002 06:11:49 -0000

spoon-business: last-minute stuff

Here we go... I apologize in advance.

1)As Wonko's proposal does what my proposal does, while doing it better, I:
{{
Replace the text of proposal 370/0 with the following -0- delimited text and retitle it __Windows aren't all bad!__:

-0-
Create a new rule entitled __The Window Gremlins__ with the following text:

{{
There exist two gremlins, The Window Gremlin and The Other Window Gremlin, also known as Curt and Rod respectively. If a player inhabits the same square on The Grid as Curt or Rod, or is in Limbo with Curt or Rod, e may move directly to the other (known as "Climbing through the Window") by declaring eir intention to do so in a Public Forum. If Curt or Rod is in the possesion of a player who Climbs through the Window, that player loses possesion of Curt or Rod. If at any point, Curt and Rod inhabit the same space on The Grid, they both go into Hiding. If Curt or Rod is Hiding and the other is Active, the Active one goes into Hiding. If Checkpoints exist, Curt and Rod both become Active at the begininng of every Checkpoint. If Checkpoints do not exist, Curt and Rod become Active at the beginning of the first and sixth ndays of each nweek. Whenever Curt and Rod become Active, Curt is placed on a random square on The Grid with an x value of 1, and Rod is placed on a random square on The Grid with a x value of 20.
}}
-0-

2)A new proposal: sorry Dave, but this one might take some work. It will all get better at the bottom of the message. More uses for this will come soon.

{{
__Weather__

Create a new rule, entitled __Weather__ with the following -0- delimited text:

-0-
There exists Weather on the Grid. The Weather has characteristics, which are the same as the weather where the administrator resides (or in another place of his choosing). Characteristics are updated at the beginning of each Checkpoint, if Checkpoints exist, or at the beginning of the first and sixth nday of each nweek, if Checkpoints do not exist.

Temperature is a Characteristic.
If the temperature on the Grid is above freezing, all Frozen squares melt and become Wet. If the temperature on the Grid is below freezing, all Wet squares freeze and become Frozen, and the Yeti enters the Grid at a random location if e is in Limbo. If the temperature on the Grid is above freezing for 3 straight Characteristic changes, all Wet squares cease to be Wet and the Yeti goes into Limbo.
-0-
[[More will be added later if this passes...  This could get fun.]]
}}

3)Yet another proposal, as I must use my ration of bandwidth for the nweek.

{{
__The Yoyo Gremlin__

Create a new rule, entitled __The Yoyo Gremlin__ with the following -0- delimited text:

-0-
There exists a gremlin known as the Yoyo Gremlin. If the Yoyo Gremlin is thrown at a player and is not caught, it returns to the possesion of the player who threw it. If it is caught, it goes into Hiding for one nweek.
-0-
[[Just kinda fun...]]
[[And we like Gremlins...]]
}}

4)One more substantial proposal, I swear!
{{
__Tilt__

Amend rule 301/1 by adding the following () delimited paragraph:
()
The Grid is divided into Quadrants. The SW Quadrant is composed of all squares with x values between 1 and 10 inclusive, and y values between 1 and 10 inclusive. The SE Quadrant is composed of all squares with x values between 11 and 20 inclusive, and y values between 1 and 10 inclusive. The NW Quadrant is composed of all squares with x values between 1 and 10 inclusive, and y values between 11 and 20 inclusive. The NE Quadrant is composed of all squares with x values between 11 and 20 inclusive, and y values between 11 and 20 inclusive.
()

Create a new rule, entitled __Tilt__, with the following -0- delimited text:

-0-
At the beginning of each nweek, the number of items on the Tilt List present in each Quadrant of the Grid shall be calculated. The Grid will be then said to "Tilt" in the direction of the Quadrant which has the highest number of the objects on the Tilt List. All objects on the list below will then move two spaces in the direction of that Quadrant (i.e. if it Tilts to the SE quadrant, all objects on the Tilt List move two spaces diagonally down and right). If this movement would cause an object to move off of the Grid, it is put into Limbo.

The Tilt List is as follows:
1)Big Rocks
2)Big Sticks
3)Shields
4)Gremlins not in the possesion of a player
[[any suggestions would be nice...]]
-0-

Amend rule 356/0 by adding the following -00- delimited paragraph:

-00-
If the Big Rock on which a Siren is sitting moves, the Siren moves with it. If a Siren moves, any players in that Siren's ZOE move the same distance in the same direction (eir position relative to the Siren remains the same). If Sirens go into Limbo, they are destroyed.
-00-
}}

5) And finally, the proposal which will get me back on Dave's good side after all that and give us some time to catch our collective breath:

{{
__Ahh....__

Create a new rule entitled __A Breather__ with the following -0- delimited text:

-0-
At the beginning of every nweek, the following things shall occur in order immediately:

1)The following () delimited paragraph shall be appended to the end of rule 3/4:
()
While the Clock is Off, Judgements may be passed and enacted on current CFJs.
()

2)The Clock will be turned Off.

When the Watch reads 1 wweek, the following things shall occur in order immediately:

1)The final paragraph of rule 3/5 shall be deleted.

2)The Clock will be turned On.

3)This rule will repeal itself.
-0-

[[The purpose of this is to give Dave some time to effectively make all the changes to his DB and the website without being overwhelmed by Real Life (TM) and without us piling on more stuff... It also gives us a little break time and an opportunity to clear up any outstanding CFJs we have... This is really a good idea folks, think about it. Do it for Mr. Administrator.]]
}}

*wipes sweat from brow*
There we go.
Mental note: keep up with proposals so I don't have to stay up late typing again...

-0- Thus Spake The Voice -0-
*Ignore this signature if :
1) it doesn't make sense to you
2) it seems outdated
3) you feel moved to make a sarcastic comment
4) you didn't read to the end of this list.
Thank you, and have a nice day.*