Eric Gerlach on 1 Feb 2002 04:38:15 -0000

spoon-business: I begin my proposing....

... for next nweek with this nweek's remainder.... (I'll try to keep my contribution to the next ballot under 5... to respect the bandwidth limit)

But before I do, I move to (13, 5) on The Grid, taking the Scoring Gremlin with me.

PROPOSAL #1 - Football reprise
------------------------------

I *refuse* to let the PEG stop me from playing Football!

{{
__Are you ready for some football!__

{{
__Monday Night Football__

There exists a game known as Scoring Gremlin Football (Football or SCF for
short).  SCF is played on The Grid between two teams:  Team Turquoise and
Team Crimson.  Each team has a player roster.

The objective of each team is to bring the Scoring Gremlin to eir
designated "end-zone" in the possession of one of the players on eir Team
Roster. For Team Turquoise, the end-zone is any location on The Grid with
x-coordinate equal to 1.  For Team Crimson, the end-zone is any location
on The Grid with x-coordinate equal to 20.

Players may place eir names on the roster of either Team by posting
eir intention to do so in a public fourm, but may do so only if eir name
is not already on a roster, if they are on The Grid, and if the
roster of the Team they wish to join does not have more players than the
other Team [[You can only join a team if the team sizes are equal, or if
you're joining the smaller team]].

A player may remove eir name from a roster at any time e is not in
possession of the Scoring Gremlin by posting eir intention in a public
forum. After removing eir name from a player roster, a player may not add
eir name to a roster for one nweek.  If a player is ever in Limbo, eir
name is removed from any player rosters it may be on.

Players whose names are on a Team's roster are considered to be "playing
Football".  All actions taken by a player with regards to the game of
Football must be posted in a public forum.

Any player playing Football who is at the same location as the Scoring
Gremlin may pick it up.  That player is considered to be "in posession" of
the Scoring Gremlin.  If a player is in possession of the Scoring Gremlin,
it moves with that player.  A player may not pick up the Scoring Gremlin
if it is in the possession of another player.

If a player is playing Football, instead of moving as specified in rule
301, e may move to any location which is less than or equal to three units
from eir current location (measured by Euclidean distance).  Moving in such
a way is known as running, and a player must specify that e is running in
order to move in this manner.  If after a player runs, e occupies the same
location as a Shiny Thing or a Scary Dark Thing the effects described in
rule 301 do not occur.  This rule supercedes rule 301 in this respect.
Movement by running otherwise occurs in accordance with rule 301 (with
respect to timing, restrictions, etc.).

If a player is playing Football, and the player in posession of the Scoring
Gremlin is not farther than two units away (again measured by Euclidean
distance) from eir location, e may tackle the player with the Scoring
Gremlin. The player making the tackle immediately moves to the same
location as the player being tackled.  Both the tackling and the tackled
players do not move at the end of the nweek, even if they had already
declared movement.  The Scoring Gremlin is placed in the possession of the
player on the tackling player's Team who is furthest from eir end-zone.

If a Team succeeds in bringing the Scoring Gremlin to eir end-zone in the
possession of one eir players, all members of the Team gain 20 points, and
the Scoring Gremlin is placed at one of (10, 10), (10, 11), (11, 10), or
(11, 11) with equal probability.

Bean initially starts in posession of the Scoring Gremlin.  This paragraph
subsequently deletes itself from the rules.

}}

Repeal any rule entitled "GremBall". [[This way, we can play GremBall this nweek, and Football starting next nweek!]]

Place the name 'Bean' on the roster of Team Turquoise.

}}

PROPOSAL #2 - Find out what it means to me...

{{
__Just a little bit...__

Create a rule:

{{
__I get no respect!__

Players have an attribute called Respect.  Respect is a dimension.

If a player believes that an action performed by another player is deserving of the collective and deepest respect and regard of all the players, e may make a Declaration of Respect. This declaration must take the form: "For *reason*, we respect *name*", where *reason* is a description of the action that is believed respectful, and *name* is the name of the player who performed the action.

If a player believes that an action performed by another player is deserving of the collective and deepest disrespect and disregard of all the players, e may make a Declaration of Disrespect. This declaration must take the form: "For *reason*, we disrespect *name*", where *reason* is a description of the action that is believed disrespectful, and *name* is the name of the player who performed the action.

A player may not name emself in a Declaration of Respect/Disrespect.

Declarations of Respect/Disrespect are proposals. When a Declaration of Respect passes, the Respect of the player named in the Declaration increases by one. When a Declaration of Disrespect passes, the Respect of the player named in the Declaration decreases by one. No points are gained or lost by any player as a result of the passage or failure of a Declaration of Respect/Disrespect. This rule takes precedence over Rule 124 in that regard. Declarations of Respect/Disrespect do not count towards any counting of proposals from any given player.

If a player's Respect exceeds all other players' respect by at least 5, that player gains the title "Respected One". If at any time, the Respect of a player who has the title "Respected One" fails to meet the aforementioned condition, that player loses the title "Respected One".
}}

}}

There will be more to come on Respect, before you condemn it as useless.

Bean