Alex Truelsen on 19 Jan 2002 02:02:47 -0000

spoon-business: Ruling: CFJ272

CFJ 272 (Judge: Baron von Skippy)
CFJ by Bean

Non-player entities are allowed to vote.

Analysis: The ruling on CFJ 251 specifies that "No rule specifies how a
non-player entity should vote." Thus there is no rule forbidding the voting of non-player entities. Thus by Rule 18, they may.

The Baron says: False.

The Baron's twisted reasoning: The fact is, this allows for tremendous inflation of the game. If anyone can create as many imaginary friends as they can create names for, anyone can give emselves so many votes per proposal as it is possible for them to submit. Players who kept emselves to NOT exploiting this would become powerless in the rush. Now, what if, for example, I introduce my friends from the planet Binaria: 0, 1, 01, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110, 111, 1000, 1001, 1010, 1011, 1100, 1101, 1110, 1111, and 10000? Did I mention that since "Names of game entities may contain alphanumeric, punctuation, and whitespace characters only. Names must be at least one but no more than 255 characters in length. All game entities must have uniquely identifying names," I can have 5.7896 x 10^76 friends using this system alone! Now, of course I can't type that many, but the sky's the limit, people. I will not let this game go to em what types names the fastest. I declare non-player entities to be denied suffrage. [[That means they don't get to vote, in case you didn't know. Learn a new thing every day. It makes life more fun.]] Wonko's Bobs and Glotmorf's cadre are nonvoting entities, if that.

[[Remember: You can't spell "analysis" without "anal" unless you spell it wrong.]]

                                       -Baron von Skippy-