Doig, Gavin on 17 Jan 2002 16:47:46 -0000

spoon-business: Proosal

<proosal>
<title>The dust you seldom see.</title>
Amend rule 129 by replacing the current text with the following
MONUMENTOFGRANITE-delimited text:
MONUMENTOFGRANITE
2 Nweeks after the Administrator, in a Public Forum, makes any statement
about the rules or game state, the rules and gamestate shall be altered to
reflect that statement, unless in the intervening time any player objects to
the statement in a Public Forum, in which case the usual methods for
determining the current rules and game state shall apply.
MONUMENTOFGRANITE
[[Kinder, gentler, more seductive.]]
</proosal>

This should mean that player actions don't automatically get made legal (for
example, if I hide a statement saying I'm awarded a win inside a long
message and no one notices it) unless the Admin acks them in his daily
recogniser mail. It also ups the time to 2 NWeeks, which gives us more time
to notice problems. The "usual methods" part is deliberately vague to allow
us to use CFJs, or just to arrive at a consensus. It only takes one player
to stop the auto-legalisation, but one player can't just block things,
because the standard methods will apply, and it should prevent the Admin
from being able to abuse this, because we'd all need to let him for it to
work.

Although if (when) we do end up breaking the proosal mechanism, this would
allow the admin to change things to fix it, by our unanimous consent.

uin.

DISCLAIMER:
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the intended
recipients(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged, proprietary and/or confidential within the meaning of applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please contact the
sender of this message as soon as possible.

The views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and
may not necessarily be the views held by Azurgroup Limited

<<application/ms-tnef>>