Greg Ritter on 8 Jan 2002 13:55:23 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: CFJ about the sushi

At 04:20 AM 1/6/2002 +0000, you wrote:

> I present the following statement for judgement:
> The lexical construct "official forum" refers to all forums.

By the power vested in me by the Rules of B Nomic, I herewith and hereby judge the statement "The lexical construct 'official forum' refers to all forums" to be TRUE.

official (adj)
1 : of or relating to an office , position, or trust <official duties>
2 : holding an office

The third definition is the applicable one in this instance.

A forum is designated by Rule 16/0 as "the means by which Players communicate." Therefore any means by which Players communicate is prescribed or recognized as authorized by Rule 16/0 to act as a Forum. Any forum NOT prescribed by the rules of B Nomic -- meaning any means of communication which is not the means by which Players communicate -- is not an "official" forum. In fact, it may well be an "unofficial" forum.

Given this just and true interpretation of the Rules, any holder of the Cursed Sushi of Babel is required to adjust eir language as stated in Rule 213/0 in any means by which Players communicate, as this is the criteria for an "official" forum. This shall hold true if the Cursed One is posting to a public forum (including but not limited to spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx and spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx), private forum, just sending email to some other Player, or even phoning another Player, as these are all "means by which Players communicate" and are thereby valid Fora under Rule 16/0.

If the holder of the Cursed Sushi of Babel participates in any communication with another player without adjusting eir language according to Rule 213/0, then the holder of the Cursed Sushi may be considered in violation of Rule 213/0. Of course, there's no penalty for that, so big whoop.

However, if the holder of the Cursed Sushi of Babel wants to call eir Grandma or write eir Congressman or communicate by any means with a non-Player, e shall not be subject to Rule 213/0.

Judgment has been rendered.

So it is. So shall it be.

-- The Honorable Gritter, Esq.