Jörg Rathlev on 31 Dec 2001 18:11:15 -0000

spoon-business: Proposal 183 revision

I make the following revision to proposal 183:

\begin{proposal}

Amend rule 31 by adding the following paragraph:

Players may abstain from voting on a given issue by not submitting a
vote on that issue or by explicitly indicating their abstention.
Explicit abstentions shall be treated like votes during Voting, but
when Voting has ended, they shall be treated as if the player had not
submitted a vote.

And replace the following sentence in the same rule:

Players may vote multiple times; the last vote on any given issue
shall be the one counted.

with this sentence:

During Voting, players may change eir vote on a given issue by
submitting a different vote for that issue.

\end{proposal}

The problem with my previous proposal was that it said abstentions are
treated as if the player had not voted when votes are counted, and
that rule 31 said the last vote is counted when a player has voted
multiple times. But then the last vote would not be the abstention
because, during counting, it no longer is a vote!

This revision should fix that, because now multiple voting will change
the (single) vote instead of aggregating the different votes.

Joerg