Rob Speer on 31 Dec 2001 04:07:06 -0000

Re: spoon-business: An even more ambitious method of formatting proposals

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 10:57:16PM -0500, Rob Speer wrote:
> <proposal title="Standard Delimiters">
>
> Create the following rule:            [[ look at all the boilerplate! ]]
> <rule title="Standard Delimiters">
>
> The character sequences '{{' and '}}' (without the single quotes) serve
> to delimit a proposal or a rule; in any Action where they appear, they
> are considered to mark the beginning and end, respectively, of a
> proposal or rule. The message in which they appear should specify which.
> If the action being performed is to "Propose a Rule" according to the
> "Elimination of Boilerplate" proposal, they delimit both simultaneously.
> If there are more '{{' than '}}' in a proposal, the end of the Forum
> message serves to end the proposal or rule; if there are more '}}' than
> '{{', the extra closing delimiters are ignored.
>
> The character sequence '__' (again without the single quotes) delimits
> the title of a Rule or Proposal; the title begins after the first '__'
> and ends after the second '__'. The title is applied to whatever Rule or
> Proposal has most recently been introduced in the text of the message.
>
> [[ The next message will contain an example of how this proposal would
> look with the delimiters and the Boilerplate rule. ]]
>
> </rule>
> </proposal>

[[ Oops. ]]

I amend the proposal entitled "Standard Delimiters" in the following
ways:

1. I change the text 'ends after the second' to 'ends before the
second'.
2. I replace the 3rd paragraph of the rule, which contains nothing but a
comment [[ one which I didn't mean to include in the text of the rule ]]
with the following paragraph:

None of the standard delimiters are considered to apply to this message
[[ because that would screw things up royally ]].

--
Rob Speer