David E. Smith on 25 Dec 2001 04:44:27 -0000

spoon-business: nweek 2 results!

Once again, status notes and stuff:

As UIN pointed out, the proper revision of Proposal 131 should be 131/1,
not 131/3. As it failed to pass, I can only issue a massive "mea culpa,"
and ask it to be re-proposed this nweek.

In the future, it would be really keen if drafts could be labeled as such,
to hopefully cut down on the number of oopsen like this.

Proposals 146, 147, and 148 also weren't actually formal proposals, but
they got voted on anyway. I'll keep them in the database, but add a
comment to that effect. Consider the vote counts for those a "straw poll"
sorta thing that's ultimately meaningless.

On with the good stuff.

Event log:

121/0 failed (0-8).
Jebus loses 3 points.

122/1 passed (5-3).
Created rule 150/0.
Created rule 151/0.
Jebus gains 7 points.

123/0 passed (5-3). I'm treating the one abstention as a "no" vote since
the rules only specify affirmative vs. not-affirmative votes. It passes
either way...
Created rule 152/0.
Rob gains 8 points.

130/0 passed (7-1).
Created rule 31/1.
UIN gains 14 points.

131/1 failed (1-7).
UIN loses 1 points.

132/0 failed (4-4).
Turgul loses 2 points.

137/0 passed (6-2).
This'll mess with scoring something fierce... Whee!
Joerg's score is set to 39.
Jebus's score is set to 0.
UIN's score is set to a base of 54 (+/- this nweek's stuff).
Aspirin fails me; I move up to ibuprofen.
Joerg scores 17 points.

138/0 failed (2-6).
UIN loses 4 points.

139/0 passed (6-2).
Created rule 33/0. (Thanks for trashing my numbering system. ;)
UIN gains 12 points.

140/0 passed (8-0).
Created rule 153/0.
Created rule 21/2.
Created rule 154/0.
UIN gains 4 points.

141/0 passed (5-3).
UIN loses 1d7 points. (rolled: UIN loses 5 points.)
UIN gains 6 points.

142/0 passed (6-2).
Created rule 155/0.
Created "Bob the Voting Fish."
Rob gains 16 points.

143/0 failed (3-5).
Octagon loses 4 points.

144/0 failed (0-8).
Chess loses 2 points.

145/0 failed (4-4).
Rob loses 5 points.

146/0 failed (2-6).
No effect.

147/0 failed (0-8).
No effect.

148/0 failed (4-4).
No effect.

149/0 passed (8-0).
No effect (the phrase "the eight day" does not appear in Rule 15. Besides,
it would make even less sense if taken literally. Here's what rule 15
would have looked like, had this measure actually DONE anything:

Voting on a nweek's Ballot opens at the start of the third to last day of
that nweek, and closes at the end of the tenth day of that nweek.

(Thus, no matter what, at least the voting part of an nweek stretches out
to ten days. Weird. Good thing this proposal doesn't do anything,
except...)

Wonko gains 7 points.

END NWEEK 2 BALLOT EVENT LOG.

I'm going back through proposals for the past couple nweeks, to determine
the new Charm attribute for everyone. Thanks ever so much for complicating
my life even more. ;)

Okay... the roster page is updated with everything from the past nweek.

Antonio: Score 18, Charm 1 (Distance 18.03)
Fenrir: Score 0, Charm 0 (Distance 0)
Iain: Score 14, Charm 1 (Distance 14.04)
Jebus: Score 0, Charm -1 (Distance 1)
Joerg: Score 58, Charm 5 (Distance 58.22)
Chess: Score 0, Charm -2 (Distance 2)
Octagon: Score 0, Charm -1 (Distance 1)
Rob: Score 50, Charm 3 (Distance 50.09)
Turgul: Score 0, Charm -1 (Distance 1)
UIN: Score 80, Charm 5 (Distance 80.16)
Wonko: Score 7, Charm 1 (Distance 7.07)

No votes were submitted privately to me, so everyone's vote records are
available via the list archives. This, I trust, satisfies the requirements
of 31/2.

All players' Speed attributes are zero, since Distance was undefined at
the start of the previous nweek. Distance attributes are rounded at two
decimal places, but the figure is easy enough to calculate should it be
needed to greater precision.

The following proposals, all attributable to Wonko, are recognized (with
the caveat that I'm changing all the weird characters that don't
cut-and-paste into XXXX):

"The Timeline's on this Mobius Strip" 156/0.
"Because I said so, that's why!" 157/0.
"525600 Minutes" 158/0.
"Now you see me, now you don't" 159/0.
"The Garbageman Can" 160/0.
"Boondoggles!" etc. 161/0.
"Santa Claus is coming to town!" 162/0.

Happy holidays!

Proposals will be accepted from now 'til the end of the year (31 December
2001). Voting for nweek 3 is 1-3 January 2002.

...dave