David E. Smith on 6 Dec 2001 04:18:09 -0000

spoon-business: a whole bucket of recognition

Iain's "More Typo Corrections" proposal is recognized as 104/0. (The cute
jokes about typoes may cease at this time, thank you. Technically this
probably shouldn't be recognized, but it's been a while for all of us.
I'll be a lot less lenient come nweek 2.)

Joerg's "Clean up scoring" is recognized as 105/0, with the
administrator's fiat that "posession" will be spelled "possession." (heh.)

Antonio's "Proposal revision" is recognized as 106/0.

Antonio's "Rules revision" is recognized as 107/0.

Rob's revision to "Bucks" is recognized as 102/1. (Technically, proposals
aren't revisiable yet, but that's not really the point. They're also not
revisable or reviseable or reviewable or redeemable for cash or in-store
credit fnord.)

(Btw: I know the "current proposals" page lists both versions thereof. As
soon as I figure out how to fix it, I will. SQL gurus are welcome to
heckle.)

"uniquely identifying names" is welcomed to the game, as are his buckets
of proposals:

"I wish you wouldn't say that." is recognized as 108/0

"When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed." is recognized as 109/0
and is recognized as having a longer title than body.

"Our physical shells are rotting" is 110/0.

"Strictly psychosomatic" is 111/0.

"Say something once, why say it again?" is 112/0.

"Did you never call? I waited for your call." is 113/0.

"Nothing ever happens." is 114/0.

"If he only gives the word." is 115/0, despite its dubious utility.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out something that should
be painfully obvious: I'm new at this, and to that end I'm sorta declaring
administrator fiat when need be to ensure that the game actually can
proceed until we reach a point where it's legitimately self-sustaining
(or, please please pass 114/0 so I don't have to keep winging it).

I never claimed the initial ruleset would be flawless.

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/    http://metadave.net/
http://www.bureau42.com/       http://whatIsay.com/

"Use anger to throw them into disarray." -- Sun Tzu