Jorg Rathlev on 12 Feb 2001 20:11:55 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: A proposal by the newbie

Hi!

> someone should point out to me where in the Rules it says you
> have to be a
> Player to make a Motion to Add. As far as I can tell, you don't
> need to be
> a Player to make Motions, and R210/2 doesn't add any restrictions to that.

Ok, then I make the following motion, subject to 3-day unanimous consent:

--
Add the person with the real name Jorg Rathlev [[ that's me :-) ]] as a
Player, named "Jorg".

Concerning PurpleBob's idea, I think it's a good idea to shorten the time,
but can you really assume "consent" within only one day? Someone might not
try to keep new players from joining (guess why :-)), but still...

What about this: If someone makes a motion to be added as a player, he is
added as a "newbie player" immediately and becomes a regular player after
three days unless someone disagrees.

Here's my proposal (title: "Newbie Players"):

--
Change the title of rule 210 to "Becoming a Player" and the the content to:

Any Agent otherwise qualified as a Player may become a Newbie Player by
publicly announcing that e wishes to become a Player. A Newbie Player will
automatically become a Player if no eligible voter objects within a three
day period.

If any eligible voter objects within that period, the Administrator shall
create a Primary [[or Secondary?]] Approvabe Motion to add the Agent as a
Player, and the Agent shall stay a Newbie Player until the end of the next
voting period, after which e will become a Player if the motion to add em is
adopted. If the motion is not adopted, e will lose eir status as a Newbie
Player.

Newbie Players shall be treated like regular Players, with the exception
that they cannot become Officers or Judges.
--

I think I didn't really get the difference between a primary and a secondary
motion, could someone please explain it to me? Thanks!

(PurpleBob: sorry this one conflicts with your proposal :-(, by the way,
what happens if both are adopted?)

Jorg