Joel Uckelman on 14 Nov 2000 16:12:46 -0000

[no subject]

I rescind my Proposal entitled "Sequence of Legislative Effects", and
replace it with the following proposal:

---Begin Proposal---

Create a new rule entitled "Conflicting Legislative Orders" with the
following text:

"Whenever two outstanding Legislative Orders are in conflict, the
Legislative Order the issuance of which was caused by the lower numbered
Proposal must be executed first. Legislative Orders are in conflict if
their execution would modify the same Rule or other game element."

---End Proposal---

I think this better addresses the problem of conflicting Legislative
Orders. The rescinded proposal would have required that all Legislative
Orders be performed in numerical order by Proposal number, not just the
conflicting ones. This would have caused a problem if such a Rule had been
in effect when I corrected the count of Benjamin's votes, as the Order from
P332 would have been required to be executed prior to those of P334 and
P335, which I executed on Sunday. Also, I think this is a less confusing
way to convey the idea than the previous version.

--
J.

--
Play Nomic!