Kieron Jarvis on 3 Nov 2000 05:45:51 -0000

spoon-business: Proposal: What's in a Name.

[[Well, I was underwhelmed with responses (is it vacation time in the US ?).
But the votes are in and the provisional winner is.....

With 2 votes in favour - 'Aphasia'.

I will accept late votes during the week, but if no more votes are received
then this proposal will go to the vote.]]

Here is the proposal entitled "What's in a Name":

I propose that Rule 1/0 : The Game be amended to read

"Aphasia shall refer to the specific instance of Nomic game which possesses
the body of rules containing this definition, unless it is made clear,
whether explicitly or via the context, that Aphasia refers to something
else. To this end, all permutations of letter case of Aphasia shall be
considered equivalent."

[[Regardless of what name we have, I think we should have a name so that we
can be referred to unambiguously on the Nomic web site and related database
(at least).

XnJester]]