Dan Waldron on 27 Oct 2000 05:26:56 -0000

spoon-business: Proposal revision - ballot fix 2

The following is the revised text of my proposal titled "Ballot fix 2",
number
___________
[[summarry:  Currently, if the admin does not recognize a revision to a
proposal by the beginning of voting (not the ballot distribution), the old
version is the one voted on.  It seems to me that this has the potential
to create embarrasing problems for us later on.  This proposal will
address that problem.]]

[[rev. 1 Expanded to deal with withdrawals and other types of proposal
change covered in
rule 221.]]

Enact a new rule entitled "Revisions of Ballot Issues" and with text as
follows:

An otherwise reviseable item which is a ballot issue may be altered,
withdrawn, or deactivated if and only if the revision was submitted before
the start of that nweek's voting; this special case is otherwise subject
to the restrictions for whatever type of item that may be.  [[For
proposals, this is rule 221, "Proposal Submission and Alteration"]]. All
outstanding changes to ballot items must be recognized by the
Administrator before the ballot is published.

Here ends the new rule entitled "Revisions of Ballot Issues".
Poulenc.