Harrison, Andrew on 13 Oct 2000 15:28:07 -0000

spoon-business: RFJ on Judgement on RFJ20

> From: zagarna [mailto:zagarna@xxxxxxxxx]
> > Therefore your judgement was FALSE, anything else was
> analysis or Judicial
> > Orders.
>
> Ok, that's true, but still, an order was given and the admin
> must react in a
> timley fashion, what was done cannot be unmade (until, I
> suppose, an RFJ is made
> and judged).

In that case I suppose I'd better submit the following RFJ:

The Judicial Order made by Zagarna in the Judgement on RFJ20 was invalid.

Argument:
The judgement given was "FALSE", the line "since I am such a good judge that
I deserve a win" was not part of the judgement (Rule 237). The only reason
Judges can issue Judicial Orders is in order to 'bring the game state into
accord with the result of the Judgment' (Rule 214), and the order clearly
does not do this, and is therefore invalid. The order should be vacated
(Rule 217). [[Note: This RFJ does not attempt to overturn the Judgement
given on RFJ20, just the Order.]]

Referenced Rules:

Rule 237/0 : Judgments
"A Judge shall, within three days of eir selection, give one of the
following responses to the Request for Judgment to which e was assigned,
accompanied by analysis and Judicial Orders as appropriate:
1. Refused: A Judge may refuse to hear the Request if it lacks a clear
Statement or is not germain to the game.
2. True: The Statement is true.
3. False: The Statement is false.
4. Undecided: It cannot be determined at the time of the Judgment whether
the Statement is true or false."

Rule 214/0 : Judicial Orders
"A Judicial Order is an Order issued by a Judge or Appeals Court in
conjunction with eir Judicial duties. A Judge may, in the course of making a
Judgment, issue one or more Judicial Orders to bring the game state into
accord with the result of the Judgment."

Rule 217/0 : Vacation of Orders
"An Order later found to be invalid may be vacated by a Judicial Order. In
the event that an Order is vacated, the Agent who executed it shall, if
possible, take such actions as to reverse the effects of the Order."

--
The Kid