Kieron Jarvis on 13 Oct 2000 03:46:36 -0000

spoon-business: Judgement on RFJ 22

In J22 the judge appears to have missed a key word in the RFJ. I was calling
for this Judgment on 'Motions' not on 'Proposals'. The judge's summary of
the judgment refers repeatedly to Proposals but only mentions Motions once.

Seeing as how we have no appeal process I hereby again request judgment on
the statement:
"Motions requiring a vote introduced during an nweek's voting will not
become Ballot Issues,"

R124 would allow for a new judgment to change the precedent set by J22.

I draw to the judge's attention R202 point 2:

"Motions requiring a vote introduced since the previous nweek's voting"

This seems to indicate that these Motions will only become Ballot Issues
if introduced after completion of the voting, while also limiting it to the
current nweek. Maybe I should have looked for ways to exploit this loophole,
but I'd rather not.

XnJester