Kieron Jarvis on 2 Oct 2000 03:25:02 -0000

spoon-business: Proposal: Fix Rule 8.

[[Do I have to explicitly state that this is a legislative order ?]]

This is a legislative order to correct the wording of rule 5.

The original (incorrect) text states:

" Rule 8/0 : Comments
The following two non-whitespace characters:
[ ]

are considered "reserved characters when appearing in Official Documents in
ways defined herein.

Excepting any text in the Rule prior to and including this sentence, any
text appearing within doubled square brackets ("[[" and "]]") shall be
considered "comment" text. Comment text shall not have the force of Rule;
its purpose is solely elucidative or demonstrative.

0. Initial Rule, 2 October 2000"

It will be changed to:

" Rule 8/0 : Comments
The following two non-whitespace characters:
[ ]

are considered "reserved" characters when appearing in Official Documents in
ways defined herein.

Excepting any text in this Rule prior to and including this sentence, any
text appearing within doubled square brackets ("[[" and "]]") shall be
considered "comment" text. Comment text shall not have the force of Rule;
its purpose is solely elucidative or demonstrative.

0. Initial Rule, 2 October 2000"

[[Added quotes for "reserved". I have changed 'the Rule' to 'this Rule' to
help prevent ambiguity.]]

XnJester