Joel Uckelman on Thu, 4 Jan 2007 23:12:06 +0100 (CET)

Re: [hosers-talk] greylisting

Thus spake Joshua:

> Joel Uckelman sez:
> >> is there some kink that means i should only be running mh2bogo
> >> periodically, on masses of email, rather than every time i refile
> >> something?
> >>

> >No, training on mistakes was what I meant.
> >
> >What do you get when you do this?
> >
> >   bogoutil -w ~/.bogofilter .MSG_COUNT
>
> i reckon that might be a bad sign. compare:
>
> ~% bogoutil -w ~/.bogofilter .MSG_COUNT
>                                  spam   good
> .MSG_COUNT                       4815     32

Oh. Well, there's our explanation, then. It has barely any good mail
with which it can make statistical comparisons.

If you feed the last 4800 or so real messages you've received to
'mh2bogo -n', you should see a remarkable improvement in performance.

--
J.