Joel Uckelman on Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:27:33 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [hosers-talk] date management

Thus spake "Jon Stewart":
> Is there a market for date management software?
>
> That is, you have a significant other. You need to go on dates with your
> significant other. If you are lazy, or boring, or self-centered, or short
> on time, you may have a hard time a) remembering to make dates for/with
> your SO, and b) figuring out what to do.
>
> Therefore, wouldn't it be cool to have software that would say, "hey, you
> haven't done shit for your SO in a while. Why don't you buy her some
> flowers on the way home, asshole? Btw, here are the locations of some
> flowershops along your commute, and here's a list of flowers in
> season/vogue." You could then click, "OK", and it would remember that you
> had bought flowers for your SO that day... thus it would wait a few days
> or so and then suggest that you go to the park and play frisbee, or catch
> the new exhibit at the local art museum, etc., etc., something that is not
> getting your SO flowers.
>
> I would find such software tremendously helpful. :-)
>
> Would you?

You'd need to randomize suggestions, so that all of the SO's talking at
the water cooler wouldn't realize that they'd all been taken out to play
frisbee over the weekend. :)

Actually, I'll bet that if you wrote such a thing, it would get used.

--
J.