Jon Stewart on Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:48:11 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [hosers-talk] Is it wrong?

> A Dremmel and a nibbler (http://www.directron.com/nibbletool.html) are your
> friends for projects like this.

A nibbler doesn't bend the chassis too much? I cut out the fan grill in my
current box to increase airflow, but I just used cutting pliers. It was a
horrible mess.

I like the thought of having to get a dremel, though. The Octane has a
front panel that slides away to reveal floppy, tape, and power switch. It
looks like the panel is big enough to reveal a 5.25" drive. I'd also love
to stick USB and FireWire ports in that panel. In the best of all possible
worlds, I'd also like a VGA port there, too. Most of the time this system
will be headless, but when I'm futzing with it then I could just slide the
panel door away and plug in a monitor.

Jon
--
Jon Stewart