Jon Stewart on 18 Nov 2003 23:34:57 -0000

Re: [hosers-talk] script-fu for trash

> > reminding you to wipe your data
>
> It's sort of hard to wipe your data on a journaling file system. Even shred
> won't do it.

Obscurity can help. JFS, XFS, BeFS, or something more exotic (we read
ext2, ext3, and reiser). But you raise a good point; I should look into
how to pull info out of journals...

It would be really cool to have a crypto layer between the hard disk
driver and the file system, which prompted for a password/key at
boot-time, and encrypted every fucking byte with, say, 256-bit AES.

Jon
--
Jon Stewart                                 Advanced Los Angeles C++
stew1@xxxxxxxxxxx                           http://www.alacpp.org